Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4099

Default Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

Another establishment that the wife and I will not set a foot in!

Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/chilis-sonic-gun_n_5419942.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 435 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 888

Damn anti gunners... I really liked Chilis

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1856 Times on 1272 Posts
Likes Given: 682

How can Sonic a drive up restaurant enforce a no firearms policy? There goes my late night half price milkshakes. I can understand Chili's but Sonic is way out of line to tell me what I can have in my car/truck. Guns are not illegal. But that level of stupid should be illegal.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Damn anti gunners... I really liked Chilis
They only ask not to display guns openly. CCW is fine.

In the Old West many establishments had similar rules. "Check your gun at the door".
People Like This 
Old 06-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

all the Sonic drive-ins i have ever been to are drive-ins. now maybe in other states that may have indoor seating, but i hardly think they can enforce such a thing on what guns are in my vehicle. funny, how are they going to know if guns are in my vehicle? i don't go around advertising such things to begin with.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3273 Times on 2226 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

So much for my Orange Cream Slush at Sonic. Chilli's eh...if CCW is ok, them and OutBack are both an Hr. + away anyway, like Olive Garden and Red Robin,...half the time the service is poor and the food isn't done correctly,.. I'd rather support locally owned instead of Chains, with a few exceptions,...

Edit: Axxe: there is one place here that has a large draw of Open road Bikers ( large bikes) that the owner and employees are all very good, the service is outstanding, and the owner and his brothers and cousins are half the Workforce of the store. Everything is made from Scratch, and he does Holiday baking for Takeaway service, and also has an outdoor dining area with a fountain, as well as a very big inside, with a main dining area and two party rooms,..
Needless to say if I want to eat a Steak when I'm out, and not grill it myself on my double Barrel,. I'm going there. Wife didn't have to ask me where I want to go for my Birthday( in about 6 weeks)...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-01-2014 at 11:02 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
How can Sonic a drive up restaurant enforce a no firearms policy? There goes my late night half price milkshakes. I can understand Chili's but Sonic is way out of line to tell me what I can have in my car/truck. Guns are not illegal. But that level of stupid should be illegal.
From the Article:

A Sonic spokesman said the company will defer to local laws with respect to storing guns in vehicles, but said it will no longer permit firearms in its dining areas.

“We’re asking that customers refrain from bringing guns onto our patios or into our indoor dining areas,” said Patrick Lenow, Sonic's vice president of public relations.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
They only ask not to display guns openly. CCW is fine.

From the Article:

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #9

Liked 1161 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 365

Being the grounds for the open carry movement demonstrations is being viewed as hurting business.

That's why all these places are making new anti-open carry policies. They don't want to be involved in the conversation. I don't blame them either, there are many pro-2A who are against Open carry, it's not a popular viewpoint.

I'm all for open carry but not just because you can, I'm for open carry when you need to for whatever reason as long as its not "to make a scene".

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Im for open carry but folks take it way to far with the intent on rubbing faces in the issue. Strutting around with a rifle or a pistol in a dropleg tactical holster does the cause no good. This is the backlash you get.

Most business dont care if your ccwing or not what they dont want is a disturbance that reduces cash flow. When someone sits down in a chili's with a ak47 propped against the wall that causes negative cash flow.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Closed Thread