Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sonic-chilis-announce-no-gun-policies-107466/)

Bigcountry02 06-01-2014 03:42 AM

Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

Another establishment that the wife and I will not set a foot in!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/chilis-sonic-gun_n_5419942.html

Franklin1995 06-01-2014 03:47 AM

Damn anti gunners... I really liked Chilis

John_Deer 06-01-2014 04:48 AM

How can Sonic a drive up restaurant enforce a no firearms policy? There goes my late night half price milkshakes. I can understand Chili's but Sonic is way out of line to tell me what I can have in my car/truck. Guns are not illegal. But that level of stupid should be illegal.

Mercator 06-01-2014 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin1995 (Post 1584349)
Damn anti gunners... I really liked Chilis

They only ask not to display guns openly. CCW is fine.

In the Old West many establishments had similar rules. "Check your gun at the door".

Axxe55 06-01-2014 06:19 AM

all the Sonic drive-ins i have ever been to are drive-ins. now maybe in other states that may have indoor seating, but i hardly think they can enforce such a thing on what guns are in my vehicle. funny, how are they going to know if guns are in my vehicle? i don't go around advertising such things to begin with.:rolleyes:

DrFootball 06-01-2014 10:55 AM

So much for my Orange Cream Slush at Sonic. Chilli's eh...if CCW is ok, them and OutBack are both an Hr. + away anyway, like Olive Garden and Red Robin,...half the time the service is poor and the food isn't done correctly,.. I'd rather support locally owned instead of Chains, with a few exceptions,...

Edit: Axxe: there is one place here that has a large draw of Open road Bikers ( large bikes) that the owner and employees are all very good, the service is outstanding, and the owner and his brothers and cousins are half the Workforce of the store. Everything is made from Scratch, and he does Holiday baking for Takeaway service, and also has an outdoor dining area with a fountain, as well as a very big inside, with a main dining area and two party rooms,..
Needless to say if I want to eat a Steak when I'm out, and not grill it myself on my double Barrel,. I'm going there. Wife didn't have to ask me where I want to go for my Birthday( in about 6 weeks)...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

mseric 06-01-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Deer (Post 1584359)
How can Sonic a drive up restaurant enforce a no firearms policy? There goes my late night half price milkshakes. I can understand Chili's but Sonic is way out of line to tell me what I can have in my car/truck. Guns are not illegal. But that level of stupid should be illegal.

From the Article:

A Sonic spokesman said the company will defer to local laws with respect to storing guns in vehicles, but said it will no longer permit firearms in its dining areas.

“We’re asking that customers refrain from bringing guns onto our patios or into our indoor dining areas,” said Patrick Lenow, Sonic's vice president of public relations.

mseric 06-01-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1584360)
They only ask not to display guns openly. CCW is fine.

From the Article:

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

Yunus 06-01-2014 12:58 PM

Being the grounds for the open carry movement demonstrations is being viewed as hurting business.

That's why all these places are making new anti-open carry policies. They don't want to be involved in the conversation. I don't blame them either, there are many pro-2A who are against Open carry, it's not a popular viewpoint.

I'm all for open carry but not just because you can, I'm for open carry when you need to for whatever reason as long as its not "to make a scene".

JonM 06-01-2014 01:05 PM

Im for open carry but folks take it way to far with the intent on rubbing faces in the issue. Strutting around with a rifle or a pistol in a dropleg tactical holster does the cause no good. This is the backlash you get.

Most business dont care if your ccwing or not what they dont want is a disturbance that reduces cash flow. When someone sits down in a chili's with a ak47 propped against the wall that causes negative cash flow.