Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Something new for a political survey (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/something-new-political-survey-28070/)

hardrock 06-08-2010 02:29 PM

Something new for a political survey

Last night while sitting in my recliner at home,a political survey called.I usually hang up on them but thought why not? The standard questions were asked then right at the end they asked "how many guns do you have at home?" That was when I hung up on them thinking... never again. Am calling the house rep. who did this survey today. (a democrat)
Anyone else ever get this question? Sure gave me a strange feeling.
Looks like it's coming a little at a time...drip...drip Hardrock

robocop10mm 06-08-2010 03:04 PM

Oh, but that is an innocent enough question that would never be used against you...:cool:

Dillinger 06-08-2010 03:14 PM

I haven't had a land line in over 10 years, so I haven't been polled.

However there is no reason in the world why they "need" to know how many guns, or cars or ducks or kitchen knives or dogs or tupperware containers for that matter, that you may have. Who volunteers that information?! :eek:

"Yes, I have seven firearms. I usually keep one by the front door, one by the backdoor, one in the kitchen and then three in the closet up stairs in the spare bedroom and then one in the nightstand." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over?! :mad:

2hot2handle 06-08-2010 03:35 PM

Just ask em to come on over and you'll show em...:cool:

collegekid20 06-08-2010 04:17 PM

I agree with dillinger, it's no ones business how much on anything you have, especially politicians, instead they should be asking you what can they do for you or the community to make it a better place to live. Wonder why that question never gets asked in those things??

WannaGator 06-08-2010 04:37 PM

Frekin' A dude.

I never had anyone ask me a question like that .

I'd hang-up on that one also.

I don't trust anyone asking those type questions especially in this current political climate.

dunerunner 06-08-2010 04:45 PM

Questionnaire at my doctors office asked the same question.

Does the household have guns in it?
How many guns are in the household?
How many are handguns?

I answered NOYFB to each, doc didn't know what the acronym meant, I had to explain it.

Pat-inCO 06-08-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner
I answered NOYFB to each, doc didn't know what the acronym meant, I had to explain it.

:D And here I thought I was the only one using that acronym. :D

For phone calls, ask the person how many wives they have (especially effective if the caller is female :rolleyes: ).

Another possibility is to ask the caller how many of their children they have killed this week.
- - That implies a zero answer to their question, but who cares?

I still prefer the NOYFB. :D

notdku 06-08-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 296780)
Questionnaire at my doctors office asked the same question.

Does the household have guns in it?
How many guns are in the household?
How many are handguns?

What kind of Doctor where you seeing? Was it a gun Doctor? If not I don't see the relevancy of the question.

dunerunner 06-08-2010 06:55 PM

Not much choice here in nowhere Oregon and I'm not going to do the 120 mile round trip to Eugene to see a GP or Internist. All the other questions were lifestyle hand health related.
The ones about alcohol I had fun with....

Do you drink alcohol? :D Every day!

How much alcohol do you consume on a daily basis? :D I can't remember, but enough so that I can't remember how much.

What time do you start drinking? :D What time is it now?