Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Something I just can't understand.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Default Something I just can't understand.

Why is it that when someone is against something(guns, legal marijuana, prayer in school, ect.) they have to try to make it illegal/wrong for EVERYONE but those of us who are For things like that don't try to force everyone to own guns or pray in school, ect?
I just can't understand why they just can't "live and let live" and leave those of us who have different opinions on matters be free to express those opinions.
If you don't like AR's or 15 round mags in your handgun then don't buy em' but please don't try to tell me that I can't own or use them because last time I checked this was still the United States of America where the Constitution and Bill of Rights are suppose to be the supreme law of the land.

This is the War Room!"
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 792 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Why is it that when someone is against something(guns, legal marijuana, prayer in school, ect.) they have to try to make it illegal/wrong for EVERYONE but those of us who are For things like that don't try to force everyone to own guns or pray in school, ect?
I just can't understand why they just can't "live and let live" and leave those of us who have different opinions on matters be free to express those opinions.
If you don't like AR's or 15 round mags in your handgun then don't buy em' but please don't try to tell me that I can't own or use them because last time I checked this was still the United States of America where the Constitution and Bill of Rights are suppose to be the supreme law of the land.
You might want to check again!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

Quote:
They want their way and not the common way!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2745 Times on 1592 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

Go the other way....
There have been laws made because some people do not use common sense.
Examples are the seat belt laws, and helmet laws.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Quote:
This is how "Free" men and women think.

Live it.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

There will always be a 'cluster of busy-bodies' telling YOU what to do, so as to enforce or validate their own existence. You find it in school, on the job, in social circles, and now, more than ever, in the ever-expanding federal government, because there is NO ONE to challenge them effectively. We've become a new species of sheeps: sheeple. And so they pass 'laws.'

Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #7

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

I wonder how some of these Anti-Gun types would feel if we Pro-Gun folks started pushing for laws making it Illegal to be unarmed in public? It has about the same logic as they're laws wanting all of us to be disarmed. I think the Constitution is very clear on the matter, "The Rights of the PEOPLE to Keep and BEAR Arms Shall NOT Be Infringed." PEOPLE are us, BEAR isn't a large furry critter that takes a dump in the woods, it's the process of actual carry of those Arms to provide for the Common Defense. Why anyone thinks they can get away with Infringing on OUR Right To Carry Arms is beyond me. We don't live in a Democracy, Majority DOES NOT Rule in this Country, We're a Country that has a Constitution and Bill of Rights and THAT is the Law of the Land regardless of what the masses may think about it.

This is the War Room!"

Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other. - Carl Jung

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #9

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
I wonder how some of these Anti-Gun types would feel if we Pro-Gun folks started pushing for laws making it Illegal to be unarmed in public? It has about the same logic as they're laws wanting all of us to be disarmed. I think the Constitution is very clear on the matter, "The Rights of the PEOPLE to Keep and BEAR Arms Shall NOT Be Infringed." PEOPLE are us, BEAR isn't a large furry critter that takes a dump in the woods, it's the process of actual carry of those Arms to provide for the Common Defense. Why anyone thinks they can get away with Infringing on OUR Right To Carry Arms is beyond me. We don't live in a Democracy, Majority DOES NOT Rule in this Country, We're a Country that has a Constitution and Bill of Rights and THAT is the Law of the Land regardless of what the masses may think about it.
The county in Georgia with the highest crime ( can’t remember the name and can’t find the article now ) rate passed a law requiring every home to have a firearm - - - They have never enforced the law but the crime rate fell to the lowest in the state and has stayed there for several years - - - the criminals don’t want to risk breaking in and getting shot. It is just easier for them to go else ware.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #10

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Go the other way....
There have been laws made because some people do not use common sense.
Examples are the seat belt laws, and helmet laws.
Anther example of things I think are a great idea, but the government has absolutely no business sticking their nose in it.