Sources for stats even cited at bottom...
For those using Mobile devices and app which doesn't let you zoom...
- 99.9% of all guns in America are not used in violent crimes.
- 99.8% of all guns are not used in crime at all.
- Guns are used 4 times as often in self defense as in crime and 98% of the time not even fired.
- Only 1% of the time when a gun is being used in defense does a criminal take the gun from the defender.
- After guns were banned in the UK the armed robbery rate spiked over 40%, and over 44% in Australia. Now in Britain most robberies happen when people are at home (50% vs America's 30%).
- Only 4% of guns used in crimes were obtained legally.
Sources: FBI & CATO Institute