Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > some what new to politic question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default some what new to politic question

Ok, so the bill went to congress today. Now how long until its passed or failed and if so does it stand as a double jerpody? When it fails can they try agian if it already failed? I live in Texas and they passed the bill persecuting any federal agent who attempts to enforce the laws of the ban, so would i just ignore it?

Any advice is appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19878 Times on 11289 Posts
Likes Given: 50114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Ok, so the bill went to congress today. Now how long until its passed or failed and if so does it stand as a double jerpody? When it fails can they try agian if it already failed? I live in Texas and they passed the bill persecuting any federal agent who attempts to enforce the laws of the ban, so would i just ignore it?

Any advice is appreciated
keep an eye out for what is going on here on the forum. also check out the NRA website. they are usually the heartbeat of anything political in regards to the 2nd amendment. most of the media is pretty biased when it comes to these issues and will put the wrong slant and twist on these reports and many times they are just out and out wrong.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #3

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Harry Ried D. Speaker Senate, the last I knew he said he would not introduce it unless it would pass the house. The Repulican House membership said they would not look at it untile there was a Budget deal?
Humm! do I smell lets make a deal comming up?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Harry Ried D. Speaker Senate, the last I knew he said he would not introduce it unless it would pass the house. The Repulican House membership said they would not look at it untile there was a Budget deal?
Humm! do I smell lets make a deal comming up?
Pretty much you scratch mine ill scratch yours

Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #5

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Ya, or lets scratch each other and kick the voters ass!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Ya, or lets scratch each other and kick the voters ass!
Got something stronger than,them,miller vs us 1939, Bad elk vs us 1900. They cant pass any ban, it is illegal,to there own,standerds. And the nfa tax thing is also illegal. So you can own sbr, suppressors, fullauto, tanks, apaches. Says if the government has it or uses it so can we.... Knowledge is power

Old 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2592 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 200

First off "double jeopardy" has nothing to do with repeatedly introducing legislation. It says you cannot be tried twice for the same crime.

What bill are you talking about in Texas. NOTHING has passed. I did a little research and found HB553. It was introduced 1-15-13. It has not been trhough committe, voted on, passed, NADA. It simply a bill. It is not law.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball