This is from our neighbors to the North
1. What part of the right of the people to keep and bear arms and shall not be infringed do these people NOT understand?
2. Even if you dont like semi-automatic rifles, the criteria in her list includes many handguns that people use for self-defense, such as Glocks, Springfield XDs, etc. If passed her bill would reduce us to use revolvers and some semi-auto guns that hold less than ten rounds in their magazines, such as the 1911, for self-defense and concealed carry purposes. This would leave us ill-protected against criminals and tyrants (but I repeat myself) because in todays world, revolvers are inferior weapons, although better than nothing. Dont believe me? Look up the 1986 FBI Miami Shootout and what the FBIs response was.
3. Registration? Seriously? Historically registration has always led to confiscation of those weapons by the government, which means that anyone that does register their guns is getting set up to be screwed. (Word of advice for gun owners, although you probably know this by now: dont register your guns, youre just going to lose them later.)
4. The lefts solution to the failure of gun control, such as in Chicago, California, or Connecticut (which has protective weapon bans and high crime) is
more gun control. This will not end with this bill; they will progress until all firearms have been banned and confiscated (see #3.) It is in their nature to do so.
5. Remember, this is the same person that carried a gun for self-defense and has a hard-to-get California CCW permit. Dont believe me, click here . She, and other lords and ladies like her, can carry a gun, but us peasants cant?
6. Even if you dont like guns at all, you should still oppose this bill, because ultimately this is about freedom. You have the right to protect yourself in whatever fashion you see fit, whether thats with a baseball bat, a handgun, or yes, a semi-automatic rifle. This bill effectively says, You can only protect yourself with certain tools authorized by the State. Soon, in the not too distant future, the government will effectively say, You have no right to defend yourself at all.
7. Even if this bill doesnt pass now, they will pass it in 2015 after the Democrats take back the House. Hopefully, this bill will fail now and give law-abiding gun owners one last chance to stock up on ammunition. When the consequences of out-of-control debt hit us, and riots break out in the streets all across America, theyll need it to protect themselves and their families. But of course, this all depends on the willingness of the Republicans to fight, and given their tendency to capitulate to the left on the fiscal cliff debate, I doubt theyll fight for our 2nd amendment rights.