some one help me
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > some one help me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default some one help me

i have just moved to neb where i am trying to buy a new deer rifle i have always been delayed on my background checks but always get the call back within a day or so just once i had to wait the 3 full days with no call back but now here in neb they say i have to wait tell they call back from the nics where i have read that after 3 days the gun wil be released to me can anyone help me the store im buying my gun from wont call them back to check it and im ready to get out and shoot i have a clean record anyone have any ideas on who i can talk to or any extra info for me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9411 Times on 4055 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Hi Garret- welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, stop by the intro section, and say hello.

Sorry, but you have run into a dealer who is making his own rules- WHICH HE CAN DO. However, you have the right to sind another dealer. Smile, wish him well, let him know you AND YOUR MONEY are going to visit another dealer.

For the future, you can apply and be assigned a UPIN (Unique Personal Identifier Number) that you put on the 4473 form that will help identify you. If you are unfortunate enough to have a name like Charles Manson, Theodore Kyzinski, or Osama B. Laden, it will help.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 AM   #3

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Hi Garret- welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, stop by the intro section, and say hello.

Sorry, but you have run into a dealer who is making his own rules- WHICH HE CAN DO. However, you have the right to sind another dealer. Smile, wish him well, let him know you AND YOUR MONEY are going to visit another dealer.

For the future, you can apply and be assigned a UPIN (Unique Personal Identifier Number) that you put on the 4473 form that will help identify you. If you are unfortunate enough to have a name like Charles Manson, Theodore Kyzinski, or Osama B. Laden, it will help.
Or John Smith. Yeah, I have a friend and that is his name. You'd be surprised how many criminals actually have that name.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #4

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Garret, are you providing your SS# on the form?

It's optional but if you have had problems in the past, providing it may eliminate them.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #5

How do I go about getting that pin number and o think I will I mean its sad when a dealer can't take 5 minutes to call and check the status for you and yes I m but there is a person in cali that has the same name as me and has a large record so I think that my name is flagged

Old 10-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_hurtt View Post
How do I go about getting that pin number and o think I will I mean its sad when a dealer can't take 5 minutes to call and check the status for you and yes I m but there is a person in cali that has the same name as me and has a large record so I think that my name is flagged

If you've ever seen them call, it can take a LOT longer than five minutes. I know of four other people with my name. So, when I buy a firearm, I always put my SSN down.
Why? Because the last thing the shop owner wants is to lose their license over a lawsuit, and it usually takes me ten minutes to be in and out the door. (They're on the computer, which makes it much faster.)

Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #7

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

By nics guidelines, the dealer may call back once an hour to check status.

If your dealer is being a prick, give your money to one that's willing to work with you.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 AM   #8

Yes the shop I normally buy from in ks does that and im always delayed but with 24 im cleared cuz he calls back this new dealer walmart wont they say if they never call back then I never get my gun I wonder if I go to ks if they will still delay me again or if with this check I will be ok and just walk in fill out my form again and be good

Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_hurtt View Post
Yes the shop I normally buy from in ks does that and im always delayed but with 24 im cleared cuz he calls back this new dealer walmart wont they say if they never call back then I never get my gun I wonder if I go to ks if they will still delay me again or if with this check I will be ok and just walk in fill out my form again and be good
Wal-Mart? We thought you were talking about a gun store. Find the manager. If he won't do it, then find a local gun store and go through them. Wally world does it online here.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #10

No they called it in there at this store and im think im gonna I just don't want to mess things up by getting a check done here in Neb then go to ks and apply to don't want the them to think im trying to slip something by them