Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   some one help me (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/some-one-help-me-49737/)

garrett_hurtt 10-12-2011 11:08 PM

some one help me
 
i have just moved to neb where i am trying to buy a new deer rifle i have always been delayed on my background checks but always get the call back within a day or so just once i had to wait the 3 full days with no call back but now here in neb they say i have to wait tell they call back from the nics where i have read that after 3 days the gun wil be released to me can anyone help me the store im buying my gun from wont call them back to check it and im ready to get out and shoot i have a clean record anyone have any ideas on who i can talk to or any extra info for me

c3shooter 10-13-2011 12:41 AM

Hi Garret- welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, stop by the intro section, and say hello.

Sorry, but you have run into a dealer who is making his own rules- WHICH HE CAN DO. However, you have the right to sind another dealer. Smile, wish him well, let him know you AND YOUR MONEY are going to visit another dealer.

For the future, you can apply and be assigned a UPIN (Unique Personal Identifier Number) that you put on the 4473 form that will help identify you. If you are unfortunate enough to have a name like Charles Manson, Theodore Kyzinski, or Osama B. Laden, it will help.

BenLuby 10-13-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 600152)
Hi Garret- welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, stop by the intro section, and say hello.

Sorry, but you have run into a dealer who is making his own rules- WHICH HE CAN DO. However, you have the right to sind another dealer. Smile, wish him well, let him know you AND YOUR MONEY are going to visit another dealer.

For the future, you can apply and be assigned a UPIN (Unique Personal Identifier Number) that you put on the 4473 form that will help identify you. If you are unfortunate enough to have a name like Charles Manson, Theodore Kyzinski, or Osama B. Laden, it will help.

Or John Smith. Yeah, I have a friend and that is his name. You'd be surprised how many criminals actually have that name.

canebrake 10-13-2011 12:56 AM

Garret, are you providing your SS# on the form?

It's optional but if you have had problems in the past, providing it may eliminate them.

garrett_hurtt 10-13-2011 01:17 AM

How do I go about getting that pin number and o think I will I mean its sad when a dealer can't take 5 minutes to call and check the status for you and yes I m but there is a person in cali that has the same name as me and has a large record so I think that my name is flagged

BenLuby 10-13-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_hurtt (Post 600184)
How do I go about getting that pin number and o think I will I mean its sad when a dealer can't take 5 minutes to call and check the status for you and yes I m but there is a person in cali that has the same name as me and has a large record so I think that my name is flagged


If you've ever seen them call, it can take a LOT longer than five minutes. I know of four other people with my name. So, when I buy a firearm, I always put my SSN down.
Why? Because the last thing the shop owner wants is to lose their license over a lawsuit, and it usually takes me ten minutes to be in and out the door. (They're on the computer, which makes it much faster.)

willfully armed 10-13-2011 01:23 AM

By nics guidelines, the dealer may call back once an hour to check status.

If your dealer is being a prick, give your money to one that's willing to work with you.

garrett_hurtt 10-13-2011 01:25 AM

Yes the shop I normally buy from in ks does that and im always delayed but with 24 im cleared cuz he calls back this new dealer walmart wont they say if they never call back then I never get my gun I wonder if I go to ks if they will still delay me again or if with this check I will be ok and just walk in fill out my form again and be good

BenLuby 10-13-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_hurtt (Post 600194)
Yes the shop I normally buy from in ks does that and im always delayed but with 24 im cleared cuz he calls back this new dealer walmart wont they say if they never call back then I never get my gun I wonder if I go to ks if they will still delay me again or if with this check I will be ok and just walk in fill out my form again and be good

Wal-Mart? We thought you were talking about a gun store. Find the manager. If he won't do it, then find a local gun store and go through them. Wally world does it online here.

garrett_hurtt 10-13-2011 01:32 AM

No they called it in there at this store and im think im gonna I just don't want to mess things up by getting a check done here in Neb then go to ks and apply to don't want the them to think im trying to slip something by them


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.