Some articles and stuff that made me mad
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Some articles and stuff that made me mad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Some articles and stuff that made me mad

There is a lot of BS going around about its bad to be a gun owner. We know that the news only reports half the fact’s and 95 % of it is against owning a gun. I did some web surfing and found some stuff just makes my blood boil.

A man was fired from Walgreen’s for defending himself and his co-worker’s in a armed robbery. Here is a brief article and link to the full article.

The police described it as an armed robbery and a hostage situation. Before dawn on Sunday, May, 8th, two robbers stormed into a Walgreens store wearing masks and gloves and carrying guns. Video cameras in the store on Napier Avenue in Benton Township, Michigan captured the whole event. Fortunately, though, Jeremy Hoven, a pharmacist and one of the employees in the store, had a permitted concealed handgun with him. Unfortunately, Walgreens fired Hoven for having a gun at work.

» Hero Gets Fired for Using a Gun to Stop Robbery - Big Government

Pretty much what it boils down for me is that instead of giving the guy a raise and a pat on the back for saving not only himself and co-workers from a potentially deadly situation. He saved the store potentially thousands of dollars of loss merchandise (drugs) and money. Well I wont be shopping at Walgreens anytime soon.

Next I find this drivel online talking about does carrying a fire arm make one safe the author totally bashes gun owner’s stating that he has scientific data supporting is argument. Where is it I want to see it. This whole article just irritates me. The link is below. For the guy who shot the 2 BG here is the article from the news paper which wasn’t so bad.

Does Carrying a Firearm Make One Safer? | Slog

Tacoma homeowner shoots burglars in garage, kills 1 | Local News - The News Tribune

And last but not least I found this blog bashing cops. Cop bashing is just a waist of time a breath. They have a hard enough job to do with out butt holes like this making job harder. The story mentioned in here reminds me of the Penn story and is interesting.

Maryville Police Harass Two Men Opening Carrying - Shocking | Cop Block

While this might all seem random this is just stuff I found that caught my attention and made me mad.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My question is what happened to responsible jounalism and telling the truth from both side's

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
My question is what happened to responsible jounalism and telling the truth from both side's
ROFLMAO ... seriously, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It is funny let me know when you find out where we went wrong

Posted by cddbrowns

Jeff Cooper

Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #5

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
It is funny let me know when you find out where we went wrong
Oh that's easy, the 2nd some self deluded azzhat got the idea that his opinion was more important than the news. I would venture a guess that I have actually never heard or read the news ... just someones bloviated opinion

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Oh that's easy, the 2nd some self deluded azzhat got the idea that his opinion was more important than the news. I would venture a guess that I have actually never heard or read the news ... just someones bloviated opinion
You know your 110% right. Its alway someone's observation and opinion's and beliefs that cloud the waters.

Only bad news sells so why print something that might be good news nobody wants to read about the cop who saved a kid from drowning. No they think people want to read about the cop who harassed some ass hat for open carry.

I say just burn it down because we defently dont need these reporters diasecting and tearing everything apart that good americans stand for

Posted by cddbrowns

Jeff Cooper

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #7

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Give the guy a raise? Hogwash. Then everyone would be clamoring for a CHL, hoping they could find or actively search out a confrontation in an effort to get a raise.....? Charles Bronson did a good job as a movie vigilante, but for an ordinary citizen, bad idea.

Don't get me wrong, I think what the guy did was great, and Walgreen's made the wrong move.....but to give him too much applause might be just as bad.

But I defend your right to your opinion!