Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So, where do you personally draw the line. . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #51
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5635 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4721

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
the Articles of Confederation, which had been dropped because the central government that sprang from it was too weak, how the acrimony that existed between state governments and the nascent central government -- out of a longstanding distrust of a strong central government -
Ah for the good ole days without the Federal Govemonster.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #52
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
bkt,

I did not mean any insult and would not want others reading our debate to read it as such.

As pointed out in an earlier post, the 2A has been incorporated against the state and local governments in the MacDonald v. Chicago and 9th Circuit Court ruling. This ruling has already reverberated through many of our local governments and their police agencies, causing many to temporarily stop some of their activities that infringe on our 2A. But again as was mentioned, this ruling has not played itself out through all the potential legal twists and turns.

WE need to be unified on this issue, rather than trying to show our individual knowledge. We shouldn't act like lawyers. Don't be your own worst enemy - Stand together for your 2A rights. Let's claim the 2A as our inalienable right and not let it be taken away in these twists and turns that will surely come!
Fair enough. You're relatively new around here and don't know me from Adam. Let's just say my understanding of my natural right to defend myself, my family, neighbors, property, etc. is extremely ingrained in me. I most certainly do appreciate 2A and while I can't say I'm too thrilled with 14A or incorporation in general, I'll take what I can get. And if recent decisions nullify local laws, then good! In that regard, we're unified.

But that doesn't mean we can't discuss the history of the BoR. The truth around it doesn't negate your argument that freedom to keep and bear arms should not be infringed by any government.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #53

Question When Did California's Gun Laws Go South ?

What year did California's gun laws diminish for it's citizens like this ?
My dad is 79 years old and he said that CA. had some of the most free gun laws for it's citizens, you pretty much bought and did what you want. {Lawfully} Now what it seems that CA is actually worse than NJ !
When did all this take place, or was it a little here, a little there ?
This is a damn shame for the citizens out there even for a mere collector.
No Hi-Cap magazines, no assault rifles, restrictions on certain design and what else ? That's the one's I know of is there more ? Can you guys have laser sights ? The assault ban and magazine ban is from Clinton but Bush Jr. lifted that ban when he was elected. Did the CA state government keep the ban in tact ? What happened there please someone tell me ?

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As I understand it the main problem in Californy is a lack of voter support for gun rights. Apparently most of the cali gun owners don't feel the need to get into "the closet" (voting booth). Even sending a gun into Cali now (by an FFL) involves a hassle as I must first check the list that the Cali Dept Of (in)Justice has drawn up, which forbids many handguns & rifles the rest of the free country may legally own. After checking that the gun I am sending is on the list, I then need to ask permission from the Ca DOJ to see if it is OK with them that I send that gun. I know it is more closely monitered on the Californy side, I seem to be one of a few gun dealers who will even send a gun to Cali any longer, but I find it to be good revenge.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
For instant - If state and local governments can deny you your 2A - They can deny you your 1A rights. I thnik not - Its not a double standard. But in practice, both state and local governments have infringed on these rights and we've let!!!
So it's ok to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #56

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Anything that can kill more than 5 people in 1 second shouldn't be allowed. Assuming the people are standing like 1 foot apart. Well...there might be 5 people robbing a bank. How about 10 people in under 2 seconds, and everybody is required to have something that can kill at least 5 people in 1 second. That way nobody will ever do anything and it would probably add much needed chlorine to the gene pool.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

How about: Shall not be infringed?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #58

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Shall Not Be Infringed is my vote

Oh and Ploofy are you gonna hafta outlaw vehicles that carry more than 4 people? Airplanes too?

Last edited by billdeserthills; 11-10-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #59
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Anything that can kill more than 5 people in 1 second shouldn't be allowed. Assuming the people are standing like 1 foot apart. Well...there might be 5 people robbing a bank. How about 10 people in under 2 seconds, and everybody is required to have something that can kill at least 5 people in 1 second. That way nobody will ever do anything and it would probably add much needed chlorine to the gene pool.
When you come up with subjective goofy stuff like this, count on it being screwed with by people who have an agenda.

"...shall not be infringed" covers it.

Now, if you don't like 2A and you want it repealed or modified, petition your state legislature and get others in other states to do likewise to call a Constitutional Convention. Or petition your representative to propose a bill to amend the Constitution.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #60

There should be a national standard, over 18 no criminal record, no psychological issues, permit is guaranteed. Should be a HCP so open carry is authorized if the permit holder wants. If you are old enough to fight and die for your country, you should be allowed to carry a firearm. Standardize training, there is a big difference from state to state. Permit recognized in all states. Keep FFL class licenses as they are. There is nothing absolute except birth, death and vodka.