So, where do you personally draw the line. . . - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So, where do you personally draw the line. . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Why does a permit make a person more or less likely to commit a crime?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Why does a permit make a person more or less likely to commit a crime?
A permit would hopefully exclude convicted felons from gun ownership. I think they are more likely to use a gun to commit a crime.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00tnButt View Post
i am for the permit check ..
the BG's have lot's of money to buy weapons .. if we don't have some sort of checks & balances then we are all in danger of losing the "2nd Amendment" .. i am all for the honest citizen owning whatever they can afford .. but, what about the guy next door who was not so law abiding? .. do you think he should be able to get what he want's by making it easier for him? .. what is he going to do with it? .. he might just blow your house up just because you pissed him off about something .. the person with a permit most likely would not do that .. although a drivers license is a privilege not a right like the "2nd Amendment", would you want some nut who didn't respect others driving a car? .. sure he can afford to buy it, but does he use it responsibly as you or i? .. i recognize the down side to this but there has to be some sort of checks & balances ..
Criminals don't care about laws, period.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Just curious, where does the OP draw the line?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
That is very true Skull.

I have to say I am glad the Gang Bangers here in LA do not have fully automatic weapons. I also realize the only reason they don't have them is because they are not available to me either. So I am OK with not having RPGs and hand grenades in my local Wal-Mart, because this place is enough of a war zone.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #16

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00tnButt View Post
i .. i am all for the honest citizen owning whatever they can afford .. but, what about the guy next door who was not so law abiding? .. do you think he should be able to get what he want's by making it easier for him? .. what is he going to do with it? .. he might just blow your house up just because you pissed him off about something..
When asked if I would rather every human have a gun, or absolutly no one have a gun, I would certainly say everyone have a gun. And I do mean every human.

The reason is simple really. Gun ownership becomes self regulating. If everyone in the McDonalds has a M16 slung over their shoulder, and a guy walks in and decides today is the day to waste as many people as possible, how many shots is he really going to get off before hes blown to pieces. Not many.

If everyone has a gun, the ones who shouldnt have a gun will be weeded out.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
The citizen should have access to the same weapons as the military of his country, In Switzerland, they do. For some strange reason, not a problem.
Didn't the founders of this great nation have access to the same weapons the British did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
An armed society is a polite society. Amen?

And what about the guy next door that is not so law abiding? Do you think he's not going to get whatever he wants just because someone tries to hand him a form?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #18

I don't think I should be allowed to have WMDs, just my opinion, but I'm up for just about anything else. Since I'm talking about an ideal situation, (hypothetical) lets make this nation wide too. I'm a US citizen first, I just happen to live in a state second.

How as an American can my legal weapon in one state, be illegal in another. Never could figure that one out? Too much power to the little old ladies and weenies in control of places like Ca. I've always wanted to pick up an old pig to play with, sorta liked them when I had to use one, the older I get the more I want one. Can't have one in my state, I can in the state next door, WHY!!??

I'd say if you can push, pull, drag, fly, carry or drive it to the Knob Creek shoot, it should be legal anywhere in this country with no more paperwork than a .22 pistol.

It'll never happen, but wouldn't it be nice to have one of these just down the street!

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
A permit would hopefully exclude convicted felons from gun ownership. I think they are more likely to use a gun to commit a crime.
Violent felons should be hanged. We used to do that in this country. That solves the permit problem, doesn't it?

In New York State, if I pick up an unloaded handgun without having a handgun permit I become an instant felon on a gun-related charge. Should I be hanged? Or is the gun law fargin' stupid?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I do have a problem with privately owned chemical weapons such as nerve gas. I also take issue with my neighbor having a nuclear weapon, but I don't care if he has a huge arsenal of fully automatic weapons and body armor.
I'd rather have a neighbor I trust with a nuke in his garage than a deranged son-of-a-bitch who hates my guts with a .22. But I digress.

Would you rather see the military might of this nation rest with the government or with the people?

How 'bout this: States store WMD of every sort, securely and responsibly, as part of the militia's (people's) ordnance. The feds may ask politely for us to use them. Crazy concept, eh? That's how it used to work.