So What's All the Big Worry? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So What's All the Big Worry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
As far as "assault weapons" go, I am not against them. They are not my cup of tea as I prefer bolt actions and falling block single shots.
Anyway, my son, who was a sniper in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan a few years ago was once one of the baddest of the bad. He was well trained not only in shooting, but in survailence, hand to hand combat, and survival under the worst conditions imaginable. His choice of weapon? The M24 sniper rifle. He hated the M4 combat rifle and would never carry one unless forced to.
He actually laughs, not in humor, but in pity at all of those who think they can protect their households by having a big supply of ammo and firearms. (Now don't start yelling at me. I am a gun owner and shooter and reloader and I'm on your side. I'm just relaying what someone in the know w/ personal experience has told me.) He said that a well trained group of soldiers like the ones he worked with could over take a house or even a neighborhood with little or no casualties on his side while completely overtaking the other side no matter how well the other side was armed; and, they could do it with a minimum of manpower.
The point is that us law abiding average citizens, even with all the arms we can store, are no match for a group of trained professional attackers. If they want to overtake us, they can.
CT
I don't doubt that your son is a total badass and I personally wouldn't want to face him down.

However, I would point out to any "gun grabbers" that history is replete with examples of rag-tag bands of unorganized citizenry overcoming large, technologically superior, professionally trained militaries.

So many examples, but a quick few that will resonate with most intelligent posters here - Viet Cong, Taliban, Colonial 'minutemen' during the American Revolution.

It is said that a military commander's worst nightmare is block after block of entrenched armed riflemen.

Here's another interesting tidbit (that many of you probably already know):

Wisconsin State deer hunters are the 8th largest army in the world.

That's only the state of Wisconsin. (http://www.newberlinnow.com/blogs/communityblogs/112548274.html)

Add to this number: hunters from the other 49 states. Active US military who will not comply with citizen disarmament, veteran military who will not stand for citizen disarmament, active police who will not comply with citizen disarmament, retired police who will not stand for citizen disarmament.

I sincerely hope that all of this doesn't come down to armed conflict. In fact I genuinely pray it does not.

I believe this whole thing is most certainly a "big deal." It is in my mind, and apparently in the minds of hundreds of thousands of other Americans who have recently swept the shelves bare of firearms and ammunition at their local retailers.