Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So What's All the Big Worry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1033 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 430

The problem is that President Obama is a dictator. The only thing dictators understand is power. His Royal Highness / Generalisimo / El Presidente / Comrade Obama will continue to use more and more drastic measures to achieve his aims if he is met with resistance. If Obama has no problem with using missiles fired from robots to kill American citizens overseas, you can pretty much take it to the bank that he has no problem sending the neighborhood SWAT team to kill you if he believes you are any sort of threat to his power. Any criticism of his regime is taken as a threat to his power. All governments have only one response to any threat to their credibility or power and that is to kill people. There's nothing special about Comrade Obama's regime in that regard.

Apart from that, the "big worry" for me is that he intends to destroy our country economically to "prove" that capitalism doesn't work. I firmly believe that that is the greatest threat Comrade Obama poses and that he won't stop until the economic destruction of America is complete.

If you doubt any of that, stick around for another four years and let's see where America is at the end of his regime. I would love to be proven wrong, but all I see is dark days ahead for America.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #32

As far as "assault weapons" go, I am not against them. They are not my cup of tea as I prefer bolt actions and falling block single shots.
Anyway, my son, who was a sniper in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan a few years ago was once one of the baddest of the bad. He was well trained not only in shooting, but in survailence, hand to hand combat, and survival under the worst conditions imaginable. His choice of weapon? The M24 sniper rifle. He hated the M4 combat rifle and would never carry one unless forced to.
He actually laughs, not in humor, but in pity at all of those who think they can protect their households by having a big supply of ammo and firearms. (Now don't start yelling at me. I am a gun owner and shooter and reloader and I'm on your side. I'm just relaying what someone in the know w/ personal experience has told me.) He said that a well trained group of soldiers like the ones he worked with could over take a house or even a neighborhood with little or no casualties on his side while completely overtaking the other side no matter how well the other side was armed; and, they could do it with a minimum of manpower.
The point is that us law abiding average citizens, even with all the arms we can store, are no match for a group of trained professional attackers. If they want to overtake us, they can.
CT

Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5485 Times on 3105 Posts
Likes Given: 4763

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
As far as "assault weapons" go, I am not against them. They are not my cup of tea as I prefer bolt actions and falling block single shots.
Anyway, my son, who was a sniper in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan a few years ago was once one of the baddest of the bad. He was well trained not only in shooting, but in survailence, hand to hand combat, and survival under the worst conditions imaginable. His choice of weapon? The M24 sniper rifle. He hated the M4 combat rifle and would never carry one unless forced to.
He actually laughs, not in humor, but in pity at all of those who think they can protect their households by having a big supply of ammo and firearms. (Now don't start yelling at me. I am a gun owner and shooter and reloader and I'm on your side. I'm just relaying whatqueda thsat. someone in the know w/ personal experience has told me.) He s aid that a well trained group of soldiers like the ones he worked with could over take a house or even a neighborhood with little or no casualties on his side while completely overtaking the other side no matter how well the other side was armed; and, they could do it with a minimum of manpower.
The point is that us law abiding average citizens, even with all the arms we can store, are no match for a group of trained professional attackers. If they want to overtake us, they can.
CT

I guess someone forgot to tell the Vietcong, Taliban and Al Queda about that.

Golda Meier.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I pray it never happens. If our own troops follow unlawful and treasonous orders, there will be hell to pay on both sides.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5485 Times on 3105 Posts
Likes Given: 4763

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I pray it never happens. If our own troops follow unlawful and treasonous orders, there will be hell to pay on both sides.

I am convinced that more than half of our troops would honor their oath and support the American people.

Golda Meier.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #36

Liked 4677 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

CT

I too served US Army Light Infanty and though I was not a Sniper, I was and still am an expert Marksman...as of that should mean much?

In the right the hands, the M24 can do substantial damage but by itself it's no more or less effective that any quality deer rifle.

As for defending your home from trained soldiers, your son has a point...any fixed defensive target lacking exterior support will sucumb to a sustained attack. This is a certainty and how quick or delayed simply depends on factors such as defensive preparations and the assets of the attacking force...no real news flash there.

What is important to remember is a little word known as RESOLVE. I've not been to the sandbox recently and can not attest to Johney Jihad's willingness to die...but as an American citizen I can certainly attest to my belief that my children will inherit the same freedoms I was born with.

As I've written here many times, I've no interest in a fight with anyone, HOWEVER, I will not allow any politician to blame or punish me for the criminal acts of others, nor would I submit to anyones will on this matter.

Whether or not I would ever need to pick up my rifle again, in Defence of Liberty is not up to me...it's up to the politicians who will either choose to govern within the restraints of the Constitution or choose to become criminals themselves.

This mindset reflects the oath both your son and I took...and I will honor mine. Everyone who's taken this oath was prepared to die for Liberty when they took it...and for most, that obligation never fades.

We all hope none of this becomes necessary but...

...defense of liberty is always the right course of action regardless of the uniform worn by the oppressor...

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
He actually laughs, not in humor, but in pity at all of those who think they can protect their households by having a big supply of ammo and firearms. (Now don't start yelling at me. I am a gun owner and shooter and reloader and I'm on your side. I'm just relaying what someone in the know w/ personal experience has told me.) He said that a well trained group of soldiers like the ones he worked with could over take a house or even a neighborhood with little or no casualties on his side while completely overtaking the other side no matter how well the other side was armed; and, they could do it with a minimum of manpower.
CT
Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1936 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

I am convinced that more than half of our troops would honor their oath and support the American people.
Yes by following their CO's orders!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #38

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We have lost 3,240 Allied troops in the past 10 years. Many of these to civilians. Our entire Military numbers One Million. Gun owners in America numbers 80 million. England in 1776 the most powerful Military in the world planned a short war in America. The Union Army planned a weekend war in 1861. How did that work out?

Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #39

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Once congress passes a new assault weapon ban , if they do. The Big O can use an executive order to add more restrictions on it. Up to now his 23 executive orders have just been to toughen up laws that are already in effect. One of the items I saw was to start going after people would lied on the background form. As is in 2012, 69,000 people lied on their form and these were sent to the FBI, only 44 were prosecuted.

Bobg

Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #40

Liked 4677 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by unioncreek View Post
Once congress passes a new assault weapon ban , if they do. The Big O can use an executive order to add more restrictions on it. Up to now his 23 executive orders have just been to toughen up laws that are already in effect. One of the items I saw was to start going after people would lied on the background form. As is in 2012, 69,000 people lied on their form and these were sent to the FBI, only 44 were prosecuted.

Bobg
Of course they only prosecuted a few of them...tokens...after all, violent fellons and psychos cant create more reasons to ban guns if they are behind bars!

This kind of dishonest logic is exactly the reason any future bans would mean nothing to me.

Tack