Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So What's All the Big Worry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5887 Times on 2913 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

NY (My state) already took point on this for BHO, after all, its time for BHO's replacements to get some press, Coumo wants the WHite House Bad and The Dems like Super Marios son! We did the same thing with Health Care years ago, with Child Health Plus and a few other programs. We break the Ice, get a couple other states to move in those directions, then the Washington Republicrats present something that looks and smells like NY Law as a reasonable compromise to a problem the states are acting to curb.

Besides, BHO's pretty busy right now, vacations, inaugurations, new Cabinet members need to be finalized and the Debt cieling is scheduled to be our next emergency of Biblical Proportions (check your TV Guide). He will get to Gun control, its on his list, he's got 4 more years to phuck with our BOR's and I suspect he will enact lots of FOOG Law before he is done.

Should you be worried? Naw, they will protect us and keep us safe, they will protect us and keep us safe, they will protect us and keep us safe, just keep saying that and make sure you keep 911 on your speed-dial!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1938 Times on 1008 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I live in Minnesota, a state that always goes Dem for President, has a Dem Governor and 2 Dem Senators. The Governor and both Senators (one of which is Al Franken) are wisely keeping their mouths shut. If these same officials were on either coast, believe me they would be joining Feinstein & Co.

That's why I don't live on either coast!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5887 Times on 2913 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

CS, some of us are trying hard to make it worth coming back to NY. My belief is Andy of Albany actually will end up doing more for the state than he had ever hoped. Even New Yourkers have their limits, Upstaters reached those limits years ago but we didnt have the numbers to effect any change. Now they are outing taxpaying Americans like SeX Offenders Downstate and telling them they wont have some of their collection a year from now thanks to Mini Marios "Bold Progressive Moves"!

Albany has crossed over too many lines that offended the principles of a few million too many 2A supporters that will vote these bastards out next election. Thats the cure for what ails us, while were at it, I ask you kind folks not to come to NY, Buy anything Made in NY, go around the state, dont fly through our hubs, go elsewhere. and please do what I have done, write my Republicrats State and Federal a letter saying that your not going to spend a dime in my state until they get-Right on our Bill of Rights!

Its not that I really want NY to fail, its just that until they hear it from someone with Cash to Spend from outside of NY, they may not listen until election day when they wont have a choice.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #24

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I we ten years old when the last awb passed, but from what I'm hearing it was pretty much the same feeling as now. People thought it would never pass, thought they didn't need to do anything to help out the cause and so on. Keep in mind too that that was not with a president standing on the graves of 20 innocent children on national tv faking giving a **** about kids when his drone strikes have killed more kids than any school shooting ever.

The other day while reading he paper I seen the article about Obama wanting to pass gun control to protect our children and keep them alive, the article next to it said "20 children die from flu this year". If Obama would spend as much time and energy to finding cures for the flu or getting vaccines out there to kids who want them, we could save more children than we could with an assault weapon ban. Jmho tho...

Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 656 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
“….. Waterfoul hunters are allowed only 3 shots in their guns and I have never heard a hunter complain about not having enough firepower for ducks or doves….."
CT
Let the ducks and doves have guns…hunters might have a different opinion.

I suspect turning us all into ducks and doves is exactly what
the final goal is for these people.

Restricting magazine capacity is an interim step.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #26

Liked 479 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Does anyone remember when lead shot was banned from all waterfoul hunting? I was in my early 20's when that happened. I even knew a couple of avid duck hunters who gave up duck hunting altogether because if it. In reality, what happened was that the finest waterfoul loads ever used were developed and no one even cares about the old lead shot anymore. Waterfoul hunters are allowed only 3 shots in their guns and I have never heard a hunter complain about not having enough firepower for ducks or doves. Heck, many duck and dove hunters use doubles and over/unders anyway.
What does that tiny slice of firearms ownership have to do or even apply to a concern over 2nd Amendment rights?

Pay attention. The talk of a 10 round limit as a "compromise" was tried and had no impact on crime. A limit is a detriment to a defender, not so much an attacker. Plus NY has shown that it really was a slippery slope all along now that they have a 7 round limit and MA is talking of doing the same.

The goal is getting rid of all the guns. If not through confiscation then at least by making gun ownership so onerous as to be nearly impossible. Believe me, hunting shotguns and rifles will be next. My lever-action rifle is already considered an "assault weapon" in NY.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 514

I am not concerned with our current congress passing gun laws. They have not passed anything else. In 1994 we had a different congress, one that could take care of business. Our current congress has so many members that will not compromise on anything.

We should be ever vigilant. Yes, we know the usual suspects that will try to attach a gun law to every bill they draft. We should continue to support the NRA and other gun advocates. But we have to be realistic and stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My primary concern is actions by the ATF in the areas of importation, magazine capacity, and registration. I think the old "sporting purpose" thing will be used to keep the Saiga shotguns out, probably some other milsurps like the Yugo SKS rifles. I also wonder they will do with the background check situation; that has the potential to lump good people in with probably unfit people.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #29

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I dont think we will see an "Assualt Weapon" ban. But I am hanging on to my AR anyway. I built it myself. I am in it about $700. I bet in all this panic I could get $3000 for it. But I am still not selling. Even at more than 400% mark up, I am concerned enough that I would never be able to get another one. My SKS is staying in the safe as well. If there were to be a ban imagine what these guns would be worth to my son in 20 years.
Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.. Im not giving up mine for nothing. I had someone offer me $3200 for my Ruger SR556 and I declined.

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #30

Liked 156 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The scary thing is that he distracted the public,and even gun owners with the whole assault weapon thing,while still giving executive orders to strengthen the background check system(which could include mental health records)considering 40% of americans,including the fine folks that fought for our country,have had some sort of mental affliction in their lifetime,shouldn't this be a huge concern to us?It seems like an underhanded attempt to make a huge start to confiscation right under our noses.Anyone that has ever sought treatment for even depression may come under fire and have their rights violated.I am just very concerned having been treated myself in the past for anxiety.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

People Like This