Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So What's All the Big Worry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Obama will use every PR stunt he can. He will for awhile use the save the children stunts. Obama has a big problem how ever. Obama has stepped up the use of Drones to take out muslums. In his haste the Drones have made 178 confirmed kills of small children.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #12

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

A big problem with this "discussion" (more like getting something rammed down our throats) is the fact that the anti-gunner ideas are being portrayed as more reasonable than the ideas of freedom. When the story is always stuck on "You don't need 30 rounds to hunt a deer" instead of "Without my guns of all types this country becomes a tyranny" we are losing the argument.

I hope with so many more gun owners out there now we are coming even closer to critical mass.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
Mick3411 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Hi all.

I've still got my guard up as President Obama isn't done with this yet. From what I understand, he's still putting his full weight behind persuading Congress to pass his proposed legislation (separate from the EOs he signed).

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, please! Call and write your Reps, if you haven't :-)

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Obama= George Soros puppet.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #15

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

OK, from reading these comments, the general consensus is that there is a fear that laws will be passed that will in some way infringe upon our rights to own guns. The guys who wrote on other threads that these laws will never come to pass have not chimed in. The guys who said that the president cannot inpose such laws have not chimed in either. So, what does all of this mean? I really do not believe that there is any member of this forum who can explain it. Some members are pretty civil, but then others get very emotional and throw logic out the window. Most of what has been said is opinion. This is understandable as there are not many facts to base anything on anyway.

Does anyone remember when lead shot was banned from all waterfoul hunting? I was in my early 20's when that happened. I even knew a couple of avid duck hunters who gave up duck hunting altogether because if it. In reality, what happened was that the finest waterfoul loads ever used were developed and no one even cares about the old lead shot anymore. Waterfoul hunters are allowed only 3 shots in their guns and I have never heard a hunter complain about not having enough firepower for ducks or doves. Heck, many duck and dove hunters use doubles and over/unders anyway.
John Browning invented the O/U Superposed because he thought his 5 shot Auto-5 would soon be banned for hunting, and that was in the 1920's. Fortunately it never was banned, but ole John Moses did possess some prophetic insight.

So, lets all have some patience and not get all worked up and ready to fight whoever disagrees with us and instead be cool act like a decent person and wait this thing out. I believe something good will come of it if we do not over react.
CT

Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #16

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
A big problem with this "discussion" (more like getting something rammed down our throats) is the fact that the anti-gunner ideas are being portrayed as more reasonable than the ideas of freedom. When the story is always stuck on "You don't need 30 rounds to hunt a deer" instead of "Without my guns of all types this country becomes a tyranny" we are losing the argument.

I hope with so many more gun owners out there now we are coming even closer to critical mass.
Good observation Chris...

I still advocate steering the argument toward the failed "prohibitions" of the past and present.

Alcohol Prohobition = Increased crime, corruption, and violence...epic FAIL
Drug Prohibition = Increased crime, corruption, and violence...epic FAIL
Gun Resrtiction = Increased crime, corruption, and violence, IE CHICAGO, LA, DC, Ect, Ect, Ect, EPIC FAIL

To believe that a government that could not control Alchohol and can not control drugs, CAN somehow control guns is a leap that only a "special" kind of person could make.

Tack
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #17

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

"It doesn't fix the problem" doesn't adequately respond to people who are looking at this from a purely emotional point of view.

No, let me go back a step. The anti-gunners are filled with:
a) People who are super scared of the things that go BANG; and
b) People who are power-hungry and want the plebes in this country to lose their inherent power that guns give them.

Talking about alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition won't win the argument against those 2 types of people above.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #18

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
"It doesn't fix the problem" doesn't adequately respond to people who are looking at this from a purely emotional point of view.

No, let me go back a step. The anti-gunners are filled with:
a) People who are super scared of the things that go BANG; and
b) People who are power-hungry and want the plebes in this country to lose their inherent power that guns give them.

Talking about alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition won't win the argument against those 2 types of people above.
Chris...Nothing will win the argument with those two types of people and debating them is a waste of time.

Your first group consists of folks who believe that inherent evil exists within inanimate objects. This is very similar to a childs unquestioning belief in Santa Clause. They suffer from prepetual emotional immaturity and experience actual physical symptoms of discomfort when confronted with facts that challenge there belief system.

Your second group consists of those willing to play on the fears of the first group as long as doing so advances there agenda.

Because I know your profession I understand that you are probably surrounded with many people from the first group and I would caution you against engaging them. They will not be swayed.

The "prohibition" argument is a perfect test. If your not sure the other person fits into your first group...just try it. An emotionally mature adult will say something like, "gee, I never thought of it like that." The "other" type will either stomp away from the converstation muttering "gun nut" insults OR simply explode...

Tack

Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #19

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Congress passed a law regarding lead as well as DDT. That was not done by EO. Congress passed a law the Clintom AWB baning large magazines. That was not an EO. That Ban expired after 10 years. Bush did not renew the AWB after 10 years it expired.
The chances of congress passing a ban on any firearms is not likely. It would then have to stand before the SOCTUS. That said, arms must meet Militia standards. The court has ruled that sawed off shotguns did not meet that standard. Congress under LBJ in 1968 banned crew operated weapons and modern firearms with bores greater than .500".
I rather miss the days when you could buy surplus German Etc. cannons on rubber tires. It was fun to blast a Butte a mile away.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The devil is in the details. There are mag capacity regs and other such restrictions that are being pushed. Some of that stuff will become either law or some type of policy, even if informal. There are assaults on ammunition purchases, possibly halting internet ammo sales, potential prohibitions against private party sales and who knows what else.

I see more infringement on the Second Amendment and more erosion of our God given rights. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights and We the People are dying a death of 1,000 cuts.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams