So What's All the Big Worry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So What's All the Big Worry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #1

Default So What's All the Big Worry?

OK, on this part of the forum, I have read over and over that these new gun law proposals will not pass Congress, that the majority of the people do not want these laws, thus their Congressmen will not support them, and that these proposed laws cannot be imposed by executive privilidge. If this is all true, then these laws will not come about; yet, I read post after post from folks who are still scared to death and I keep reading about the panic and extreme buying of guns and ammo. If these laws will not happen, then why doesn't everyone just relax and quit worring about it. Seems much ado about nothing. Someone please explain.
CT

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

For me personally, it isn't the odds, it's the stakes.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

soonergirl980 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #3

Liked 2015 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 1346

I dont think we will see an "Assualt Weapon" ban. But I am hanging on to my AR anyway. I built it myself. I am in it about $700. I bet in all this panic I could get $3000 for it. But I am still not selling. Even at more than 400% mark up, I am concerned enough that I would never be able to get another one. My SKS is staying in the safe as well. If there were to be a ban imagine what these guns would be worth to my son in 20 years.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #4

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I have been hoping some of the panic subsides allowing me to buy some ar parts that are currently untouchable. Since Bumbles didn't wave his magic wand and make guns go away by executive order I hope some stuff becomes more available, though I doubt this will stop until Congress shoots down any chance of bans

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #5

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

The majority of the people do not want higher taxes but they keep going up!!!
We will get stuck for something just not sure what it is going to be.
It is kinda like bargaining they will ask for the moon but then will settle for the house next door.
They know they won't get all they are asking for, but if they can get a little bit of it that will open the door for the next time they ask.
It is not a now or never type of thing, they will just keep chipping away until they have most of it, then it won't be worth fighting for the small amount.
So shut them down now, don't give them an inch, if you do they will take a mile!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #6

Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid20 View Post
For me personally, it isn't the odds, it's the stakes.
Bingo.

Plus Obama is going for a full court press. Leon Panetta, the outgoing SecDef addressed the troops today talking about how no one needs an assault weapon and then talking about how much he loves duck hunting.

Liberal governors in deep blue states are working overtime to pass even further restrictions.

I'm afraid if we relax our guard they'll manage to slip something in. We have to let the politicians know that going against RKBA will cost them their jobs.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #7

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Bingo.

Plus Obama is going for a full court press. Leon Panetta, the outgoing SecDef addressed the troops today talking about how no one needs an assault weapon and then talking about how much he loves duck hunting.

Liberal governors in deep blue states are working overtime to pass even further restrictions.

I'm afraid if we relax our guard they'll manage to slip something in. We have to let the politicians know that going against RKBA will cost them their jobs.
The problem is it won't cost them their jobs, the lazy dependent welfare hoards will do all they can to keep the gun grabbers in power. Hopefully all this ban talk empowers some more of the 2a friendly crowd to get out to vote from now on.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #8

Liked 382 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava

Bingo.

Kinda like asking former LEO's to never carry another semi-auto once off the force...BS!

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

for the most part, i agree with you Cottontop. but i also feel we should still remain vigilant and wary of possible sneaky backdoor schemes that Obama may try to implement it trying to get his agenda by the people. sneaky and illegal are nothing new to him.

i think if people would just relax and allow the gun and ammo makers some time to play catch up and realize that stocks are just depleted and it will take time to get back up to speed and producing in viable quanties again.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #10

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I dont think we will see an "Assualt Weapon" ban. But I am hanging on to my AR anyway. I built it myself. I am in it about $700. I bet in all this panic I could get $3000 for it. But I am still not selling. Even at more than 400% mark up, I am concerned enough that I would never be able to get another one. My SKS is staying in the safe as well. If there were to be a ban imagine what these guns would be worth to my son in 20 years.
Those guns will be worth nothing if he gets his way... Either it stays in your family or it gets taken and destroyed.. That's at least finestines idea...