So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Default So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt

Why dont they just issue permits for CCW and charge a fee like they do for there FOID card ? Lots of stuff here in this state absolutely kills me . Illinois is so far behind paying school, nursing homes , etc and looking for ways to build money for there system and help keep their welfare/. free medical assistance alive ,I as a taxpayer am tired for taking care of the ones that want welfare instead of needing it . Why not implement it ? they passed the whole gambling machine thing to make some tax dollars , I know I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to carry , atleast maybe that $$$ would be put to pay off some of the states debt , or atleast create some more unneeded jobs for someone to look over the carriers . Wake up Illinois its time to quit being the last for everything .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Why dont they just issue permits for CCW and charge a fee like they do for there FOID card ? Lots of stuff here in this state absolutely kills me . Illinois is so far behind paying school, nursing homes , etc and looking for ways to build money for there system and help keep their welfare/. free medical assistance alive ,I as a taxpayer am tired for taking care of the ones that want welfare instead of needing it . Why not implement it ? they passed the whole gambling machine thing to make some tax dollars , I know I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to carry , atleast maybe that $$$ would be put to pay off some of the states debt , or atleast create some more unneeded jobs for someone to look over the carriers . Wake up Illinois its time to quit being the last for everything .

The home of the Duh Cubs, Duh Bears, Bulls and Black squacks, Fighting Illini and North Western....and you really expect something other than LAST PLACE!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #3

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
because Quinnby is bumbling mumbling idiot....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #4

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
The home of the Duh Cubs, Duh Bears, Bulls and Black squacks, Fighting Illini and North Western....and you really expect something other than LAST PLACE!!

easy there Colts fan.....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 10-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've been seeing this quite a bit, so have to ask at the risk of sounding noobish, what is an FOID card?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #6

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

FOID This is another messed up IL rule you wont have to worry about
The Illinois State Police provides Firearm Owner's Identification Cards

Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #7

That's what I was afraid of. Isn't that tantamount to registration?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
easy there Colts fan.....
THEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!!

For your inflamation i DESPISE the Dolts!!!

I happen to be a lifes long DUHtroit Tigers, Dions, Dead Wings, Pistons fan!

OH, and dont you dare call me a wolverweenies fan either...I am a PROUD SPARTAN!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #9

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's what I was afraid of. Isn't that tantamount to registration?
Ehh kinda. They don't really know what you own (unless all your guns are bought at a dealer). Private party sales, guns bought out of state etc the state will not know you have. It is kinda silly since really all a FOID card is a background check, which is done for every firearm you buy (at a dealer). It's just another way for this broke, crooked state to try and make a buck and give us law abiding citizens a hard time. I don't agree with it, but it's what I have to deal with for now.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #10

Does it at least allow you to skip the background check when purchasing a new gun from a dealer? I would think about volunteering for that just to skip the paperwork.