Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/so-since-illinois-such-bad-state-debt-50617/)

purehavoc 10-26-2011 08:51 PM

So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt

Why dont they just issue permits for CCW and charge a fee like they do for there FOID card ? Lots of stuff here in this state absolutely kills me . Illinois is so far behind paying school, nursing homes , etc and looking for ways to build money for there system and help keep their welfare/. free medical assistance alive ,I as a taxpayer am tired for taking care of the ones that want welfare instead of needing it . Why not implement it ? they passed the whole gambling machine thing to make some tax dollars , I know I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to carry , atleast maybe that $$$ would be put to pay off some of the states debt , or atleast create some more unneeded jobs :) for someone to look over the carriers . Wake up Illinois its time to quit being the last for everything .

fmj 10-26-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 611441)
Why dont they just issue permits for CCW and charge a fee like they do for there FOID card ? Lots of stuff here in this state absolutely kills me . Illinois is so far behind paying school, nursing homes , etc and looking for ways to build money for there system and help keep their welfare/. free medical assistance alive ,I as a taxpayer am tired for taking care of the ones that want welfare instead of needing it . Why not implement it ? they passed the whole gambling machine thing to make some tax dollars , I know I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to carry , atleast maybe that $$$ would be put to pay off some of the states debt , or atleast create some more unneeded jobs :) for someone to look over the carriers . Wake up Illinois its time to quit being the last for everything .

The home of the Duh Cubs, Duh Bears, Bulls and Black squacks, Fighting Illini and North Western....and you really expect something other than LAST PLACE!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mack Bolan 10-26-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 611441)

because Quinnby is bumbling mumbling idiot....

Mack Bolan 10-26-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 611510)
The home of the Duh Cubs, Duh Bears, Bulls and Black squacks, Fighting Illini and North Western....and you really expect something other than LAST PLACE!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

easy there Colts fan.....:D

trip286 10-26-2011 10:23 PM

I've been seeing this quite a bit, so have to ask at the risk of sounding noobish, what is an FOID card?

purehavoc 10-26-2011 10:26 PM

FOID This is another messed up IL rule you wont have to worry about
The Illinois State Police provides Firearm Owner's Identification Cards

trip286 10-26-2011 10:27 PM

That's what I was afraid of. Isn't that tantamount to registration?

fmj 10-26-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Bolan (Post 611522)
easy there Colts fan.....:D

THEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!!

For your inflamation i DESPISE the Dolts!!!

I happen to be a lifes long DUHtroit Tigers, Dions, Dead Wings, Pistons fan!

OH, and dont you dare call me a wolverweenies fan either...I am a PROUD SPARTAN!!!

JD1969 10-26-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 611543)
That's what I was afraid of. Isn't that tantamount to registration?

Ehh kinda. They don't really know what you own (unless all your guns are bought at a dealer). Private party sales, guns bought out of state etc the state will not know you have. It is kinda silly since really all a FOID card is a background check, which is done for every firearm you buy (at a dealer). It's just another way for this broke, crooked state to try and make a buck and give us law abiding citizens a hard time. I don't agree with it, but it's what I have to deal with for now.

trip286 10-26-2011 11:21 PM

Does it at least allow you to skip the background check when purchasing a new gun from a dealer? I would think about volunteering for that just to skip the paperwork.