Smoke Dope and Carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Smoke Dope and Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

I see it as no different that drinking and carrying. If somebody smokes pot and stays at home, thats none of my business. If they smoke pot and carry a gun anywhere near me, that is my business.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I see it as no different that drinking and carrying. If somebody smokes pot and stays at home, thats none of my business. If they smoke pot and carry a gun anywhere near me, that is my business.
Exactly. And I get to be an extra level of pissed if you do it around my family.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #13

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwadventures View Post
Exactly. And I get to be an extra level of pissed if you do it around my family.
I hear that!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #14

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Uh, I thinks that's just wrong. Potheads and gun? Whats next? Drunks and guns?
Seriously? What would be the next restriction? Something YOU do that is objectionable?

Every successful restriction is a step away from liberty. This case (and I'm from Oregon) is about 2 county sheriffs who wanted to deny CHL's is this Shall-Issue state. Shall-issue should mean just that: shall-issue!

If the person doesn't have a felony conviction, their medications shouldn't matter. What about lithium? What about xanax? I am NOT a medical marijuana supporter, but that is a different issue.

I see this as a liberty issue and a "get-your-hands-off-my-rights" issue.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Seriously? What would be the next restriction? Something YOU do that is objectionable?

Every successful restriction is a step away from liberty. This case (and I'm from Oregon) is about 2 county sheriffs who wanted to deny CHL's is this Shall-Issue state. Shall-issue should mean just that: shall-issue!

If the person doesn't have a felony conviction, their medications shouldn't matter. What about lithium? What about xanax? I am NOT a medical marijuana supporter, but that is a different issue.

I see this as a liberty issue and a "get-your-hands-off-my-rights" issue.

Are you saying that you are comfortable with a drunk man carrying a loaded firearm? In this case it would be a person under the influence of marijuana but does it really matter? A person who is anything but sober has no business being around a weapon of any kind.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
A person who is anything but sober has no business being around a weapon of any kind.
And that is all I am saying here.......

Old 06-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwadventures View Post
This explains a lot.....

Dont for one minute think you are any better than me. Remember that no man is without sin... Or weakness.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #18

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I figured this be a pretty hot topic. I'm interested to see how it plays out.
Take it a step further. Chronic pain meds and CC. Yea or Nea?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #19

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

There are two issues here. 1) responsibility of user and 2) Right to keep and bear arms.

Issue 1: This judicial decision has no bearing on the sobriety of an individual carrying a handgun. The issue at hand is whether a person who is a carrier of a medical marijuana license is allowed to be disallowed by their sheriff from being issued a CHL. I don't believe a person under the influence should carry a handgun.

Issue 2: In this shall-issue state, a sheriff should not have the right to curtail the constitutional rights of a resident of Oregon, period!

If you want to start a thread about drunks carrying guns or stoners carrying guns, then go ahead, but this judicial decision is the right one legally and the right one morally. IMO, IMHO.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Dont for one minute think you are any better than me. Remember that no man is without sin... Or weakness.
Agreed. But it explains a lot about the way you handle yourself and communicate. Hell, if you served in the armed forces, as I have not. Yep, you're better than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I figured this be a pretty hot topic. I'm interested to see how it plays out.
Take it a step further. Chronic pain meds and CC. Yea or Nea?
That is where it gets tough. Typically chronic pain med users develop a tolerance and can function on reasonable doses(for the individual) without being impaired. But that would have to be determined by a panel of health and safey experts I imagine.

Truthfully, I would hope that people would use common sense and know their limits. But obviously with all the DUI's and people murdered by drunk drivers... there is a disconnect somewhere.