Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Smoke Dope and Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
You don't take A puff and quit.
There's the same percentage of smokers that take a puff and quit as drinkers who take a drink and quit.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
There's the same percentage of smokers that take a puff and quit as drinkers who take a drink and quit.
That would really be hard to know for certain, i think.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That would really be hard to know for certain, i think.
Not hard at all once you understand that it's the abuser and not what's abused.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #94

Liked 1024 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I can't really argue with that. Except that Alcohol is often times used in moderation. There are a few people that can have A drink and not get drunk. I doubt you can say that about marihuana users. You don't take A puff and quit.
I agree with you but I think that part of the reason why is the illegality of marijuana. You can have A beer with your lunch and think nothing of it, it hurts no one your not getting drunk you just enjoy having a beer. But as long as marijuana is illegal people are much less likely to risk getting busted over a single joint.

It would be interesting to know during prohibition if many people went to speakeasies and had 1 drink. Short of legalizing marijuana I think that would be the best way to find if the habits of the casual user change based on the legality of the product.

To put it another way. I don't smoke weed because it's illegal. But were it legal, I would not smoke it all day everyday, I would smoke it when I felt I had the free time to do so without affecting my normal life. The same as I treat alcohol. Also the military would have to make it legal not just my state, I'm not risking my retirement for it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #95
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2589 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post

By taking a drink, I meant having ONE. One beer does far less to cloud the judgement than one joint, especially with today's high THC level hydro.

Even one bowl hit of high grade "dro" is pretty intense.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #96
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2589 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I agree with you but I think that part of the reason why is the illegality of marijuana. You can have A beer with your lunch and think nothing of it, it hurts no one your not getting drunk you just enjoy having a beer. But as long as marijuana is illegal people are much less likely to risk getting busted over a single joint.

It would be interesting to know during prohibition if many people went to speakeasies and had 1 drink. Short of legalizing marijuana I think that would be the best way to find if the habits of the casual user change based on the legality of the product.

To put it another way. I don't smoke weed because it's illegal. But were it legal, I would not smoke it all day everyday, I would smoke it when I felt I had the free time to do so without affecting my normal life. The same as I treat alcohol. Also the military would have to make it legal not just my state, I'm not risking my retirement for it.
Very good point. I doubt very seriously someone would go to all the trouble of getting into an illegal drinking establishment and have one drink. You would drink until polluted or out of money.

IIRC the AMA recommended against prohibiting marihuana at one time. Once the decision was made to make it illegal, they got into lock step with the Feds.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #97

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Until just recently here in GA, any pot bust (even though a misdemeanor) was a LIFETIME disqualification to getting a carry permit. Even with the change in the law - it's still a 5 year prohibition...

Old 06-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #98

To me weed is a lot less harmful the alcohol on so many levels.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #99

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Yunus;305285]
To put it another way. I don't smoke weed because it's illegal. But were it legal, I would not smoke it all day everyday, I would smoke it when I felt I had the free time to do so without affecting my normal life. The same as I treat alcohol. QUOTE]

I agree, I also don't think it is the governments job to tell us what we can smoke, eat, drink, wear, say...
If the gov decriminalized drugs, private companies would market and sell the drugs. The illegal drug trade would disappear, taxes collected, the prison system would damn near empty out. Much of the gang related killing over turf wars to sell drugs would stop. The gangs though, would probably find something else to kill each other over.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #100

I agree, I also don't think it is the governments job to tell us what we can smoke, eat, drink, wear, say...
If the gov decriminalized drugs, private companies would market and sell the drugs. The illegal drug trade would disappear, taxes collected, the prison system would damn near empty out. Much of the gang related killing over turf wars to sell drugs would stop. The gangs though, would probably find something else to kill each other over.[/QUOTE]

i also dont like any one to tell me what and when i should do any thing. i dont know one person in prison who there be cause they smoke pot so i have to call "BULL" ON THIS ONE. Im glade that theres a prison system in which to house these animals, which is also the reason im glad i can own fire arms for the ones who are not in there yet.