Smells like defamation...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Smells like defamation...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Smells like defamation...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/27/feinstein-nra-is-venal/?hpt=hp_t2

The headline itself is libelous. The NRA's lawyers need to go at this.

Also, in the article, is the following quote from her:
"There will be a package put together. If 'assault weapons' is left out of the package - and I'm a member of (the) Judiciary (committee), No. 2 in seniority - I've been assured by the majority leader I'll be able to do it as an amendment on the floor."

That's a statement saying that she doesn't even care how voting goes, she'll get her way in the Senate, regardless.

BTW - venal is basically a nice way of calling someone a corrupt whore.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsec View Post
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/27/feinstein-nra-is-venal/?hpt=hp_t2

The headline itself is libelous. The NRA's lawyers need to go at this.

Also, in the article, is the following quote from her:
"There will be a package put together. If 'assault weapons' is left out of the package - and I'm a member of (the) Judiciary (committee), No. 2 in seniority - I've been assured by the majority leader I'll be able to do it as an amendment on the floor."

That's a statement saying that she doesn't even care how voting goes, she'll get her way in the Senate, regardless.

BTW - venal is basically a nice way of calling someone a corrupt whore.
The NRA is no more 'venal' than say... The ACLU, or NEA, or Most unions...

Especially no more so than the myriad of 'progressive' anti-gun groups...

I really liked how Feinstien put in the so called 'ease' at which an AR type weapon can be converted to full auto... Although none have been used in such a way.

And how she avoided taking credit for the 'Gun Free Zones' which are primarily responsible for making target rich enviroments.

eldar
Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If that's the case, then Finswine is the venal one.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 595

Unfortunately congresscritters can't legally be held accountable for their actions. They exempted themselves from libel laws like they did with every other law.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5686 Times on 3213 Posts
Likes Given: 5076

Diane Swine-stine makes me ashamed to be a human.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Diane Swine-stine makes me ashamed to be a human.
You think she's human?!

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2808 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
"The NRA is venal. They come after you, they put together large amounts of money to defeat you," she said on CNN's "State of the Union." "They did this in '93, and they intend to continue it."
Well...duh. She's only just noticing this?
That's how the game is played. Good lord, you'd think she'd never seen a national election.
She's a "venal" hypocrite.
Quote:
Say Diane, instead of adding amendments to something that isn't likely to survive the legislative process, hows about we just $h!tc@n the whole f#%k!ng thing. It's an assault on the sensibilities of those of us who know you're full of crap.

Quote:
Smells like defamation...
More like defecation, considering the origin. If you're on the right, you cannot be slandered or libeled by the left. I'm pretty sure there is case law to that effect.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 01-28-2013 at 08:36 PM.