Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is it smarter to walk away from a fight when you are carrying ccw or a wimp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5676 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 6035

Walk away, why bother to argue and rumble with a drunk? The gun is a tool of last resort nothing else. A great singer once warned that "hand guns are made for killin', They ain't no good for nothin' else, And if you like to drink your whiskey, You might even shoot yourself". (I didnt totally agree with the next line that says to dump them all to the bottom of the sea). He and his band parrished in a plane crash, not a shootout!

Life isnt a Western, fighting is something thats vestigial unless your lifes in danger then watch out!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5199 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 4427

Let him be the fool in the eyes of the other people, not you.

Another consideration. I would rather be referred to as the wuss, than as the defendant.

Golda Meier.
People Like This 
Old 08-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1704 Times on 943 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

I'll take a wimp walk anytime.
I will defend my life and family, if necessary, but if a wimp walk works, then it preferable to getting involved with loosing my gun to the law while the merits of my choice are examined.
I have pre-established my decision levels for fight or flight.
By the responses from others, it appears that gun-owners that enjoy aspects such as forums are similarly self regulated.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #14

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

1. Why are you at a birthday party with drunks?
2. Why does it matter what some random person thinks of you?
3. So a drunk tries to start a fight anddddd does he pull a weapon? Does he do anything that makes you think your life or the life of others are in immedate danger?

Me i don't hang out with drunks. I don't go to places with drunks. If people are drinking that's cool first drunk I see I split. I don't care if someone thinks I am a *****, wimp, sissy, or yellow for walking away. I know that I am smarter and better than that drunkin fool.

Or just do a quick throat punch and be done with him as he lays on the floor wheezing.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2587 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 247

If you must carry, don't attend those types of parties. If you must attend those types of parties, don't carry.

About the time I hit my mid 20s, places that attracted arrogant, drunken, aggressive douchebags pretty much lost their appeal. Rank in the USAF was too hard to come by to have it go away in some useless alcohol soaked altercation. NCOs are supposed to know better. People carrying should as well.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #16

Liked 2370 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

unless you are fond of jail time, walk away.

a fight is a willinging engagment between two individuals on an equal basis. example "you wanna fight? me too, lets go outside..." if you engage is a fight, it should be understood that this is a willing fist fight between two individual & no weapons are involved. even cowboys would set aside guns for fights.

you simply cannot be a willing participant in a fight, and then change the game by drawing a gun!! this is murder imo.

to me, it boils down to one main difference. concealed weapons permits are for defending oneself from AN ASSAULT.....not a willing fight.

if you don't want to walk away from fights, don't carry a gun & let your fists do the talking. if you want to fight, use your fists and accept the results. if you don't want to fight, carry a gun and avoid fights.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

if you just FEEL THE NEED to do SOMETHING then call 911 and complain about a belligerent drunk. let the jerk find someone new to play with. being drunk and a public nuisance is against the law in most municipalities ive ever heard of. then sit back and watch the show.

i also just dont frequent places im likely to encounter drunken jerkoffs. ive generally got better things to do with my time and money than hang out at over priced bars full of degenerate drunkards

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-19-2012 at 10:01 PM.
partdeux Likes This 
Old 08-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6761 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8090

It is your job as a responsible CCW holder to walk away from a situation like that.

A gun is for life threatening situations only.

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Walk away if at all possible...but what if the fight is unavoidable, non life threatening, and there you are with a gun under your shirt...fight back and take the chance of it being exposed or even falling out in the scuffle or take a whoopin and protect your firearm?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #20

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

If I am carrying a concealed weapon at a friend's birthday party where there are drunks and alcohol then I am at the right place, but at the wrong time.