A small favor regarding Smart Guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A small favor regarding Smart Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default A small favor regarding Smart Guns

ok guys,

according to a newspaper article, the frist Smart Guns from the german company, I don`t want to say the name, are supposed to be in the shops in the US.

The Model is ip1, it`s but ugly and should cost about $ 1399,- plus another $ 399,- for the watch, that is needed to unlock the firearm and arm it.

Could some of you have alook out, if you can see these peaces of junk in the shops and perhaps ask the shop owners, how the reactions of customers is on that over priced junk?

I would expect to find these electronic peaces of junk in New Jersey or California perhaps, but mainly in NJ, as they have that law on Smart Guns.

So, maybe you could check up on this, because we here in germany are very curious, since the company hasn`t really sold any of their products to customers, only to dealers, that are now trying to get rid of the stuff over online auctions, because nobody has any real interest in the stuff.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
ok guys,

according to a newspaper article, the frist Smart Guns from the german company, I don`t want to say the name, are supposed to be in the shops in the US.

The Model is ip1, it`s but ugly and should cost about $ 1399,- plus another $ 399,- for the watch, that is needed to unlock the firearm and arm it.

Could some of you have alook out, if you can see these peaces of junk in the shops and perhaps ask the shop owners, how the reactions of customers is on that over priced junk?

I would expect to find these electronic peaces of junk in New Jersey or California perhaps, but mainly in NJ, as they have that law on Smart Guns.

So, maybe you could check up on this, because we here in germany are very curious, since the company hasn`t really sold any of their products to customers, only to dealers, that are now trying to get rid of the stuff over online auctions, because nobody has any real interest in the stuff.
outside of a few, i just can't see any real honest to goodness gun owner being interested in the stupid thing. especially at the price for it. seriously, it's a 22 rimfire. at about $1800 for the gun and watch, i'm not in the least bit interested in the POS. even if it cost only as much as a Hi-point i still wouldn't be interested. it's a solution to a problems of those who might favor gun control and such measures.

IMO, the people who might buy this gun are probably the same who think gun control laws, bans and restrictions are a good idea.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 AM   #3

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

It sounds like the manufacturer took a bath in Germany and decided, "Hey, I can foist this loss on those morons in New Jersey, USA. They're mandated to support me. Get them to Hamburg, boys! They're going on the boat tomorrow!"

Gone turducken huntin'

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1822

I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't retrofit the technology, either.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2014, 02:17 AM   #5

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
outside of a few, i just can't see any real honest to goodness gun owner being interested in the stupid thing. especially at the price for it. seriously, it's a 22 rimfire. at about $1800 for the gun and watch, i'm not in the least bit interested in the POS. even if it cost only as much as a Hi-point i still wouldn't be interested. it's a solution to a problems of those who might favor gun control and such measures.

IMO, the people who might buy this gun are probably the same who think gun control laws, bans and restrictions are a good idea.
These things are great, according to the left. Why isn't the Secret Service

using them?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:20 AM   #6

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 149

This is how the game is played...once said manufacturer invents the "smart" gun, the next step is to get a progressive state (California is the prime target) to pass legislation requiring the technology...then viola...most other progressive states like IL, NY, MA, NJ etc follows suit....pretty soon, 30%+ of the population now have the dumb technology that is labeled "smart" and the fight is on...we all attempt to move south to TX, TN, AL, OK etc and fight the good fight for our rights. Oddly, I am now much more interested in the history of the Civil war than I used to be.

I have seen the strategy play out (from the inside) in another industry....now I recognize the dance. I often wonder who knows it and who just blindly follows in the name of some righteous and noble cause that is based on a lie...such is crony capitalism at work...such is our current state of affairs.

The company is betting on legislative help because as the OP stated...most normal gun owners would never buy such an absurd weapon...and I once thought people would never buy a battery powered car that would only run 30 minutes either...and for much more than a normal car...just wait till the battery needs to be changed! Or when its time to trade it in! If it wasn't so sad, this would be entertaining. Humans are the only species that can consciously act in their own self destruction.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2699 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 1370

I expect a profound lack of interest in the product. The name Smart alone should raise a flag. (Unless you drive one, then God bless, get a matching gun)

Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
These things are great, according to the left. Why isn't the Secret Service

using them?
i say they outfit the Secret Service with them first as a test.

nope, scratch that. it's our tax dollars that would be buying those expensive pieces of turds!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

I define the anti gunner smart guns with two words! B! S!
No body in their right mind is going to buy one. And that is their motive! No one would be able to afford them! = Gun Control! So they can pack em where the sun doesn't shine!
Any company producing them is not on our side for sure! You guess the side!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #10

Liked 547 Times on 370 Posts

I can see California making it mandatory along with microstamping.

Mad mad mad

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America