Slate's view of the gun situation - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Slate's view of the gun situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

It is the same in any major metropolitan center. There is an area where poverty and crime reign. Gangs are a substitute for dysfunctional families and they all try to claim turf. Fights break out and the violence escalates. The drug dealers manipulate the gangs and bring their "soldiers" up through them. The kids that would turn out as good citizens are forced into the gangs for self protection and are corrupted.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #12

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
Good point. As an add-on to your comments, studies of the data show that most gun murders happen in a very small, concentrated are. These are the war zones. I read a stat that over a 30 year period, 75% of the murders in Boston took place in only 4.5% of the land area of the city. So,, violence is not all that widespread; it is concentrated. And the usual news accounts of violence do not mention that.
Same in my city. Probably 85% of the gun violence here occurs in one section of the city.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Thats the rub isnt it, crime isnt rampant across the nation, its generally located in specific hotspots mostly in cities and suburban localities. City folk are like rats trapped in a cage, they seek to have their domains made safe by their reps and the reps generally refuse to admit that their issues are situational not widespread across the nation.

Chicago, NYC, LA, Miami, Boston and other localities need to fight local crime locally, not statewide or nationally. Our national reps cant help but take tragic situations and magnify them for the causes that fit their agendas. School shootings are less likely to directly impact us than the plane were riding in crashing.

Time to wake up and see whats real instead of listening to turds spew their knee-jerk reactionary garbage!