Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Simple question banned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Simple question banned

Asked a simple question about how People with CWPs felt about the presidents anti gun agenda and some guy with a broccoli man profile pic reported me to the admin. I guess broccoli head is an Obama supporter. No need to reply to me on this cause I am deleting this app. I asked a simple non offensive question an was told by the admin that my thread was removed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

lol...broccoli man.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwest View Post
Asked a simple question about how People with CWPs felt about the presidents anti gun agenda and some guy with a broccoli man profile pic reported me to the admin. I guess broccoli head is an Obama supporter. No need to reply to me on this cause I am deleting this app. I asked a simple non offensive question an was told by the admin that my thread was removed.
You'll have to be a little more specific. As you ca see, there are about 20-30 members with broccoli avatars.

As for the thread, Mods don't just go around deleting threads without an extremely good reason. In fact, it is pretty rare for them to actually delete a thread. They usually just lock them. They save the deleting for the extremely out of control threads that need to just disappear.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

What exactly did you ask? Pretty much everyone here has a mutual hatred of Obama, and his anti gun agenda, and we talk about it A LOT. Half the threads in the non firearm related forums are about how much we dislike Obama's anti gun agenda.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #5

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

He posted about Obama getting reelected, then coming after our guns. Got posted in the concealed carry forum, someone said it was wrong. Think that's it I didn't go past that.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #6

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

1. The Broccoli is a joke about Obama.

2. You posted in the wrong forum. It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was where you posted it.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8417 Times on 3648 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

As we have discussed before (for those of you with the short term memory thingy) Political postings are limited to supporting members. This is a decision made some time back by Admin (the folks that OWN this site) due to the large number of drive-by posters and trolls in political postings.

This IS- first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics is secondary.

Is the original poster a supporting member? No? Good day.

Frankly, this supports the point that was made by Admin in restricting access to Politics to supporting members.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I will go see if I can find someone else to hurt their feelings. Busy evening already.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

willshoum Likes This 
Old 06-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I thought this was a balanced diet forum and the purpose for the broccoli......some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it, welll.......he gets it.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2216 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

C-3,

You are exactly correct! If they want to support the Forum then they can express their views in the Political area! We all can agree to disagree there since as you stated first of all we are a Firearms Forum which I also am very proud of the way business is conducted here! If there is anyone here that is tough on politics it is I!
Moderators! Salute to you all !!!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

levelcross Likes This 
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #10

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
1. The Broccoli is a joke about Obama.

2. You posted in the wrong forum. It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was where you posted it.
Reason 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
As we have discussed before (for those of you with the short term memory thingy) Political postings are limited to supporting members. This is a decision made some time back by Admin (the folks that OWN this site) due to the large number of drive-by posters and trolls in political postings.

This IS- first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics is secondary.

Is the original poster a supporting member? No? Good day.

Frankly, this supports the point that was made by Admin in restricting access to Politics to supporting members.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I will go see if I can find someone else to hurt their feelings. Busy evening already.
Reason 2...

Reason 3...I'll own it...I reported it, and I'd do it again. The tone of the response is what put the bee in my bonnet, and the reason it got nuked, not just moved (I'm guessing)...Our Mods let us roam free and pretty much do what we want, as long as we keep things respectful, which was not the case in the thread in question...Have a nice day...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
axxe55 Likes This