Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Simple question banned (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/simple-question-banned-66989/)

gatorwest 06-24-2012 12:47 AM

Simple question banned

Asked a simple question about how People with CWPs felt about the presidents anti gun agenda and some guy with a broccoli man profile pic reported me to the admin. I guess broccoli head is an Obama supporter. No need to reply to me on this cause I am deleting this app. I asked a simple non offensive question an was told by the admin that my thread was removed.

jordan89 06-24-2012 01:08 AM

lol...broccoli man.

texaswoodworker 06-24-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorwest (Post 846918)
Asked a simple question about how People with CWPs felt about the presidents anti gun agenda and some guy with a broccoli man profile pic reported me to the admin. I guess broccoli head is an Obama supporter. No need to reply to me on this cause I am deleting this app. I asked a simple non offensive question an was told by the admin that my thread was removed.

You'll have to be a little more specific. As you ca see, there are about 20-30 members with broccoli avatars. :D :p

As for the thread, Mods don't just go around deleting threads without an extremely good reason. In fact, it is pretty rare for them to actually delete a thread. They usually just lock them. They save the deleting for the extremely out of control threads that need to just disappear.

texaswoodworker 06-24-2012 01:21 AM

What exactly did you ask? Pretty much everyone here has a mutual hatred of Obama, and his anti gun agenda, and we talk about it A LOT. Half the threads in the non firearm related forums are about how much we dislike Obama's anti gun agenda.

kytowboater 06-24-2012 01:31 AM

He posted about Obama getting reelected, then coming after our guns. Got posted in the concealed carry forum, someone said it was wrong. Think that's it I didn't go past that.

Polygon 06-24-2012 02:44 AM

1. The Broccoli is a joke about Obama.

2. You posted in the wrong forum. It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was where you posted it.

c3shooter 06-24-2012 02:51 AM

As we have discussed before (for those of you with the short term memory thingy) Political postings are limited to supporting members. This is a decision made some time back by Admin (the folks that OWN this site) due to the large number of drive-by posters and trolls in political postings.

This IS- first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics is secondary.

Is the original poster a supporting member? No? Good day.

Frankly, this supports the point that was made by Admin in restricting access to Politics to supporting members.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I will go see if I can find someone else to hurt their feelings. Busy evening already.

LikeABoss 06-24-2012 02:54 AM

I thought this was a balanced diet forum and the purpose for the broccoli......some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it, welll.......he gets it.

Sniper03 06-24-2012 02:58 AM

C-3,

You are exactly correct! If they want to support the Forum then they can express their views in the Political area! We all can agree to disagree there since as you stated first of all we are a Firearms Forum which I also am very proud of the way business is conducted here! If there is anyone here that is tough on politics it is I!
Moderators! Salute to you all !!! :)

vincent 06-24-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polygon (Post 847091)
1. The Broccoli is a joke about Obama.

2. You posted in the wrong forum. It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was where you posted it.

Reason 1...

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 847100)
As we have discussed before (for those of you with the short term memory thingy) Political postings are limited to supporting members. This is a decision made some time back by Admin (the folks that OWN this site) due to the large number of drive-by posters and trolls in political postings.

This IS- first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics is secondary.

Is the original poster a supporting member? No? Good day.

Frankly, this supports the point that was made by Admin in restricting access to Politics to supporting members.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I will go see if I can find someone else to hurt their feelings. Busy evening already.

Reason 2...

Reason 3...I'll own it...I reported it, and I'd do it again. The tone of the response is what put the bee in my bonnet, and the reason it got nuked, not just moved (I'm guessing)...Our Mods let us roam free and pretty much do what we want, as long as we keep things respectful, which was not the case in the thread in question...Have a nice day...:)