Showing Photo ID Required for Vote - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Showing Photo ID Required for Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 151 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 46

That's cool. I should see if I can round up some volunteers to give rides. I know some of those old folks would just love to get out and visit at the polls. I have one gal that helps that is in her 80s, she won't do the whole day but she is good for 7 or 8 hours.
USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer
Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #32
Supporting Member
Liked 3759 Times on 1812 Posts
Likes Given: 1878

I fully agree with the position on the old folks you mentioned. And they are not the ones who are involved with fraudulent votes. And we for sure owe them the respect and dignity to allow them to vote. Most people know who they are or they could call and a trustworthy individual/s could go get them to the pole or personaly pick up their absentee ballot at their home. Since it would be in an envelope sealed and return it to the pole. The worker would not even know who they voted for. I would be more than willing to donate the time! I kind of like old folks anyway since they are very valuable and smart although people do not take advantage of their knowledge! Even if there were some attempts at fraudulent votes it could be nothing like ACORN and the fraudulent votes that are going on at the present. And yes, with implementing the programs of positive ID no party would benefit one way or the other. The American public would benefit for a change! It is time we started controlling the corruption in the government! I heard tonight on the news that the ACLU is threatening to file a law suit against the State of Tennessee this year for requiring ID to vote. "Let the bastards try!" The are part of the demise of America! I believe the Tennessee State Court will say it is constitutional as the State of Indiana has done. Indiana won! against the ACLU and they are requiring to show ID to vote this coming election.
God Bless Indiana and Tennessee for taking a stand finally.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I kind of like old folks anyway since they are very valuable and smart although people do not take advantage of their knowledge!

Yeah, me too. Not only that but I plan on eventually being an old fart myself one day and I treat them the way I would like to be treated when that happens.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #34
Liked 9214 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They usually have pretty good stories to tell too if one would just listen... That's one of my favorite pastimes.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #35
Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I thought it was strange the first time I voted in NC when I didn't have to show any ID at the polling site. I believe I always took my voter registration card or driver's license when I lived in VA. Anyway, here I just had to tell them my name. The person at the desk looked through a book, crossed off my name, and handed me my ballot.

Personally, I don't think it is unreasonable to require some sort of ID, especially with all the fraud out there. Most people wouldn't have a problem producing a photo ID. For those who do not, perhaps a voter's registration card; social security card; or birth certificate would suffice. Honestly, what percentage of Americans don't have/couldn't obtain at least one of these reasonably?