Showing Photo ID Required for Vote - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Showing Photo ID Required for Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1732 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

There is a difference in making it easy to vote, and making it easy to illegaly vote.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #22

Liked 141 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 41

"Walking in and registering to vote on the day of the election is ludicrous, with or without photo id. " I agree, same day registrants should be provisional voters, I never did like that. And thanks towboater, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone started name calling but thanks for being a poll worker, it is a thankless job. Anytime someone puts their finger in and pokes it's not long before it gets bit. By the way, what happened to those that got caught at voter fraud? I mean the Dems not the Reps because we all know that the Reps wouldn't stoop to that. And no I am not a Dem or a Rep, I'd be ashamed to be associated with either right now. It is all so funny... damn Dems trying to take our rights away, good thing those Reps are trying to take our rights away to stop those Dems from trying to take our rights away. I feel much better now. I can think of several legal registered voters in my district that will not be able to vote because of this new law. What about their rights?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm not a dem or rep either. Come on... being called jackwagon aint that bad. hehehe.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I can think of several legal registered voters in my district that will not be able to vote because of this new law. What about their rights?

Please explain why they wont be able to vote.
I feel that if someone wants to vote, they will do what's necessary.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #25

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
being called jackwagon aint that bad. hehehe.
jackwagon;A useless piece of equipment, usually military, used to refer to a mule-drawn freight wagon which had been pieced together from dicarded or substandard parts, and subject to frequent breakdowns. Jackwagons typically were good for only one or two uses, then abandoned or discarded along roadsides and in ditches, and were often re-cannibalized to create new jackwagons. Urban Dictionary: jackwagon

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #26

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Personal OPINION here says that's still better than being called a jackass. We've all been in arguments here, some very nasty, some extremely civil and polite.

Lets just play nice and agree that we all have our differences, in opinions and experiences.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3427 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Duck,

You may have something there! Of course the Dems would never want it. But I think a Certified Birth Certificate, DL or ID should be required with all the fake IDs out there. I stopped a guy one time who had 50 fake IDs in a box. Who went to jail for failure to identify. Ended up serving 90 days until he would tell the judge in court who he really was. God Bless Indiana! Another goo idea is people who are going to vote in an election can not register at the polling sight. It must be done at least 30 days prior to election day in order to be added to the computer generated polling site list? That would F the Dems up wouldn't it! What is your take on that? Of course we definitely know they would scream about that. But to go to the drivers license branch and other locations requires 3 pieces of ID. But the Dems do not even want a requirement for one to vote! What is wrong with this picture.
Answer: Criminal Activity!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #28

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
....Of course the Dems would never want it. 03
Because Republicans have not deligently pushed for Voter ID tells me they don't want it either. Must be some benefit for them as well.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #29

Liked 141 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I am a thick skinned retired airdog, don't really mind a little civil name calling. I am in a very rural area that has a way better then average voting record. There are a number of elderly folks that live alone back in some of these coulees, they don't get out and vote absentee, always. They can't get out to vote, they are more then likely not going to get out to get a photo ID and then get copies of it made or they may die trying. I get calls starting the month before an election reminding me I need to get their absentee ballot out. Those are the folks that are getting crapped on here, not you or me.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A few years ago I volunteered to drive anyone to the polls. And it didn't matter who they voted for. Most were elderly.

USAF 1986-1991

Last edited by towboater; 01-02-2012 at 07:00 PM.