Showing Photo ID Required for Vote
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Showing Photo ID Required for Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2564 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Default Showing Photo ID Required for Vote

I was watching the News tonight and watched a discussion on the above issue. Just wondered what your views are. I believe a voter should be required to show a legal photo ID in order to vote. Of course you will never guess which party is against it. Can we say the folks who supported ACORN in the last election. Anyway, another senator had a great idea regarding their argument about the old and others who would not be able to afford a state ID. I am sure they do not have any trouble buying cigarettes, bews and dope! He advised they would either send out a van to get the person who would have to provide proof of who they were. I guess a city bill like water bill, tax receipt or whatever. And then they would take them to get a certified photo ID. Or a second option he mentioned was sending out a city or state photographer to the house to take a photo and get them a certified ID for voting purposes. Tennessee and Indiana have already got it and in Indiana the Supreme Court upheld their requirement. Like one senator stated, you have to show ID when you cash a check, get a drivers license, use some credit cards, get a library card, rent a movie and etc. I just think the one group is not for it because it would make it more difficult to rig an election as was done in the past with ACORN and other organizations that are still operating today on their behalf under the radar screen! As well as all the dead people who miraculously rose from the grave last election to vote before returning to the cemetery!
What do you think!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Thousands of fraudulent votes are cast every election by people without ID. The UT campus Democrats are well known for leaving their voter registration cards behind when they graduate. The college pukes vote dozens of times each. Early voting is very easy in Texas. They show up and vote every day for two weeks and then several times on election day.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The way I figure it, if I have a voter registration card, how hard could it be to put my picture on it?

And didn't ACORN somehow manage to cast votes in dead peoples names?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #4

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

No...photo ID's should only be reserved for important things. For instance, I had to show my drivers license photo ID to return a camera at Best Buy today.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You need ID for everything today I could not start a bank acount without one.The DEMS dont like it in Wis. because most are BLACK! and LAZY! and they wont be able to get people from Ill.to come here and vote!.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #6

Actually...every time voteing comes around...I'm stunned that an ID is not required. According to all laws of common sense, it is quite likely the only time a photo ID should be required.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8887 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

It has been required for some time now in Virginia- cut & paste from the State Board of Elections:

Regular Virginia ID Requirements for All Other Voters
Virginia law requires all other voters to provide identification (ID) at the polls, or sign an Affirmation of Identity under felony penalty, in order to vote at the polls. This ID requirement also applies to absentee voters who vote in person. Voters subject to this regular ID requirement will have the word “State” after the “ID Required” item in their on-line voter registration record.

Acceptable forms of identification include the following:

Virginia voter identification card
Valid Virginia driver's license
Military ID
Any Federal, state or local government-issued ID
Employer issued photo ID card
Social Security card
Any voter who forgets to bring acceptable ID to the polls may still vote but, will be requested to sign, under oath, an Affirmation of Identity form affirming that he/she is the voter he/she claims to be. A voter who requires assistance to vote by reason of physical disability or an inability to read or write may, if he so requests, also be assisted in completing this statement.

BTW, anyone found falsifying that Affirmation of Identity just committed a felony. Called perjury- false swearing under oath.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

We got ID cards for the kids awhile ago. Had to sign papers, show our ID'd, and have birth certificates. We use them as "student ID's" given that we home school and are asked for them periodically to get discounts and such. We also got my father-in-law an ID after he quit driving (age 87) and it was no big deal. My grandmother got an ID card when she was 95 and her birth record burned in a church fire in the early 1900's. Heck, I would volunteer to help the poor, old folks, minorities and such get their voter ID if they had a problem doing it themselves. For that matter if a person couldn't figure out how to get an ID they probably couldn't figure out how to vote!

This opposition to requiring a photo ID is just a red herring.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
This opposition to requiring a photo ID is just a red herring.
...and the beneficiaries.

VADUM: Obama uses taxpayer cash to back ACORN Name changes used to dodge the law - Washington Times

ACORN makes a comeback under new name

Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Every state that has mandated a state issued ID has also included a provision that those unable to pay for it would have one provided absolutely free to them.

These cheating SOB Democrats want to stuff the ballot boxes again, so a form of Voter ID is bad to them. Just business as usual.

For God's sake, vote these fools out of office while we still have something like our country left intact!