Should our government be the only ones allowed to have this?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Should our government be the only ones allowed to have this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Should our government be the only ones allowed to have this?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/07/19/could-guided-bullets-turn-average-joe-into-sniper/?intcmp=features

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

They won't. They will sell them to other governments and they will be used against our soldiers in a future war as usual.

I don't need No stinking signature.

orangello Likes This 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

I do not like it at all and I myself would never use it for hunting or target shooting, it would take all of the fun out of it. However, I would demand that they make it available to the public, otherwise we would just be giving the government another very powerful tool that they could use to threaten us. The potential of this bullet both fascinates me and scares me.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If govetrnment has it, we should have it. Enough said!

People get the government they deserve.

People Like This 
Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Every weapon system from grenade launchers anti tank rockets aircraft helicopters guns should be available for sale to the public. The second amendment does not say arms=single shot hunting rifles. Right to keep and bear arms means everything from a pocket knife to a b2 stealth bomber.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

I agree Jon, Its about legal ownership vs abusive ownership. The outcomes should be the key factor in what is legal not the devices themselves. A car is the most hazardous tool on the market today. They have proven to be the biggest killers of Children, Teens and Adults and yet in some states, a kid can drive at 15 years old but cant own a gun until they become an adult.

I like this bullet, Reminds me of a tiny wireless TOW System. Its nearly as cool as a laser which is the next most dangerous weapon we wont be allowed to own once they compact the transmitters and power supplies better.

We need to remember that eliminating legal choices is neither reasonable nor effective at minimizing tragedy, only education and a strong policy of rewarding bad conduct with an even worse punishment has ever proven to work.

Criminals never check the laws before they procure their weapon of choice, those of us that dont commit crimes follow the law but are truly paying the price because the crooks have convinced the regulators that laws prevent crime not people and punishment.

I have been responsible for and exploded/ fired lots of Automatics, explosives, Missiles, Mortars and other very dangerous weapons. So many that you couldnt put all of them and their ammo in 10 semi's. Infantry Soldiers are not likely the brightest of all bulbs on the shelf but in 21 years of playing with these things, the only injuries Ive ever seen were barrel tattoos from smokin hot MA deuces (you dont do that more than once)!

So far, the most dangerous weapon I have encountered is the human mind, it is so much more universally dangerous than any weapon Ive ever encountered. Look at Tim McVeigh, highly trained, war tested and he will go down in history as one of the most devastating domestic terrorists in our history. His choice of weapon, A U-Haul, diesel Fuel and fertilizer not a AK, Uzi or Guided Bullets.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I think it's great. It may be the end of long-range shooting contests like silhouette but being able to hunt using a "meat-seeking missile" would be great. Ol' man Browning would roll over in his grave.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #8

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

This ideas ridiculous i dont even think they should invent it they shoudld stick with regular bullets...

Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #9

Liked 1130 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

at what point can you really call this a bullet anymore ? Very cool idea yes, but very scary in the wrong hands

Old 07-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

And the doodad that shoots it would hardly qualify as a "firearm". It is more like a rocket launcher.