Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Should the Government be buying my guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Should the Government be buying my guns?

From Section 8, Article 1, of the Constitution of the United States of America.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

So, should the Government, according to the highest Law of the land, be providing the Militia(us), with firearms and appropriate training? Instead of trying to disarm the militia?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That would make sense, but since institution of a National Armed Forces it makes that somewhat un-necessary.

If you can get them to make firearms purchases a tax deduction, be sure to post it here!!

Oh, and I have a list!!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
That would make sense, but since institution of a National Armed Forces it makes that somewhat un-necessary.
Also in the Constitution:
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

There should be no standing armies. But there should always be a well-regulated (prepared) unorganized civilian militia.

Quote:
If you can get them to make firearms purchases a tax deduction, be sure to post it here!!
I second the motion.

Good catch, pandamonium.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #4

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

My Government bought my handguns and then took them away

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, but, our armed forces have no authority on US soil except when Martial Law is declared. So with that said, I'll take a Nighthawk 1911 for starters and I'll work on the rest of MY list too!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
My Government bought my handguns and then took them away
Crap like that is part of the reason every mag is loaded at my house (loaded 1 down). The Gmen can try to buy my firearms if they wish, but my freedom isn't for sale, not for money anyway.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Crap like that is part of the reason every mag is loaded at my house (loaded 1 down). The Gmen can try to buy my firearms if they wish, but my freedom isn't for sale, not for money anyway.
I'm going with Heston on this, "...out of my cold dead hands!"
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000