Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Should the Government be buying my guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/should-government-buying-my-guns-40201/)

pandamonium 03-23-2011 07:18 PM

Should the Government be buying my guns?

From Section 8, Article 1, of the Constitution of the United States of America.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

So, should the Government, according to the highest Law of the land, be providing the Militia(us), with firearms and appropriate training? Instead of trying to disarm the militia?

dunerunner 03-23-2011 07:45 PM

That would make sense, but since institution of a National Armed Forces it makes that somewhat un-necessary.

If you can get them to make firearms purchases a tax deduction, be sure to post it here!! :D

Oh, and I have a list!!! :D

bkt 03-23-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 471111)
That would make sense, but since institution of a National Armed Forces it makes that somewhat un-necessary.

Also in the Constitution:
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

There should be no standing armies. But there should always be a well-regulated (prepared) unorganized civilian militia.

Quote:

If you can get them to make firearms purchases a tax deduction, be sure to post it here!! :D

I second the motion.

Good catch, pandamonium. :D

Davyboy 03-23-2011 09:10 PM

My Government bought my handguns and then took them away:mad:

pandamonium 03-23-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

:D

Yeah, but, our armed forces have no authority on US soil except when Martial Law is declared. So with that said, I'll take a Nighthawk 1911 for starters and I'll work on the rest of MY list too!!:D

orangello 03-23-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davyboy (Post 471175)
My Government bought my handguns and then took them away:mad:

Crap like that is part of the reason every mag is loaded at my house (loaded 1 down). The Gmen can try to buy my firearms if they wish, but my freedom isn't for sale, not for money anyway.

Jesse17 03-23-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 471191)
Crap like that is part of the reason every mag is loaded at my house (loaded 1 down). The Gmen can try to buy my firearms if they wish, but my freedom isn't for sale, not for money anyway.

I'm going with Heston on this, "...out of my cold dead hands!"