Shooting in Southern California - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Shooting in Southern California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
They'll figure it out.....eventually...
Yes, when criminal run the whole state and the people have no power to fight back. Why won't they freaking get it. How many people have to die before they get it through their thick heads that gun control has the opposite effect that they want?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #12

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
We are talking about the PRK. The governing idiots dont live in the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinOrDieSaidBenFranklin View Post
8 killed in Southern California salon shooting - Yahoo! News

Yah I saw that. It certainly does show the need for concealed weapons permits in California, because then he might possibly have been stopped. Of course, action beats reaction, but still. Yah it was over a custody dispute, so the guy was a nut job. Whether any kind of gun control measure could have prevented this is the question. I think that's where progressives can get it wrong - there is an easy, foolish assumption one can make that that nut did that because he had access to a gun and that if he had been snagged by a waiting period or a background check he might have been thwarted (a knife is of course always a possibility!). And I think if he bought a handgun for the first time a day earlier, then yah, a good measure could have stopped this. And good measures don't really prevent meaningful gun ownership, as conservatives sometimes claim. It's only the bad measures that mean that. Just like it's only bad tax laws that leave some corporations to not pay any taxes even in this down economy. In sum, I think liberals would miss the boat if they assume this is more fodder for the "take guns out of the hands of nutjobs" since from what I've learned in the past few months about guns and concealed carrying, the net the government can cast just isn't impermeable enough to prevent the occasional shooting spree - but if someone was carrying, THAT might have. Instead, liberals would do well to focus on primary prevention such as day care for children, free education and career retraining, healthcare for all, more easily available and affordable mental health care at the public level, and jobs programs. Those things can go a long way to prevent someone taking up arms to kill another over and over again in a given year. But, as we know, that kind of thing takes tax dollars. And tax dollars are in very short supply because of all the **** government gets wrong. Whether they get all that wrong because they are inherently stupid or bad, or because its wings are clipped by the wealthy who lobby and pressure politicians to ship jobs overseas, reduce corporate taxes, loosen financial regulations, and drop their tax rate from 40% to 35. That my friend is where liberals have it right. They should forget about gun control and look at measures that would eventually make shootings much less likely - like Canada - lots of guns, little crime.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Comes the same day the open carry ban got signed:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
coincidence??

But the people of Commiefornica are SO much safer now!!
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
In one of the most anti gun states of the country.
Proof positive that legislation can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazies. To defend oneself, you must first have the tools available to do so, so remember, keep your cell phone on you and 911 or local PD on speed dial. Politely ask the psycho to hold. Oh wait that didn't work. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Imagine how little crime there would be if every responsible person in the US carried a gun. The police can only do so much and many times, they arrive just in time to clean up the bodies.

Quote:
Yeah this place sucks. Soon I'm out of here though, movin' to Utah where I'll hopefully find a job pretty quick, although It'll be just after christmas
Congraduations. I hope the job search goes well. If you can't find one in Utah, you can always try Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Dont dial 911 until AFTER you dial 1-911!! ALWAYS dial 1911 FIRST!!
Dialing 357, 44, 45, or 410 also works well.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Congraduations. I hope the job search goes well. If you can't find one in Utah, you can always try Arizona.
that's option number 2 but my sister lives there now, and My parents are going to move there. I'm a man now, except I don't look like a f@g and talk all educated:P
+1 to whoever can name that quote. Back to seriousness.
I'm 21 (to some that's too old to still be at home) and I live at home, although I pay some rent, it's not as much as should be.
I also want to try living away from them some to see If it's harder/easier etc.
Plus I really want to hike and climb etc, Zion National park:P I need to learn how to rock climb first though.
Oh and Cinderock's gonna teach me to snowboard:P

Quote:
Dialing 357, 44, 45, or 410 also works well.
True dat:P

Honestly though, I know a lot of folks who've said to heck with the CCW laws out here, and carry anyways, and to be honest, I don't much blame them. The laws of this state are subjective, some of which are downright unreasonable, and Corruption is rampant. Right now, LA County Sheriff's Dept. Is investigating a crapload of CO's that were taking bribes to deliver drugs and such, inside the prisons. Orange County has a former Sheriff appealing his conviction, if I'm not mistaken, for all sorts of fun things, one of which was he gave out CCW permits to his buddies.
Riverside PD just had it's chief step down after hitting a pole, drunk.
If our Top Guys in uniform won't follow the law, Why should we trust them with our lives?
I used to carry all the time too, until the dream of Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer really sunk in. I didn't want to shuck my dreams just in case. OTOH, if I get killed, I'm sol too
I can't wait to get to a state that better values my rights.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2088 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 3162

The scumbag says he murdered eight people in that beauty salon because his wife was "abusive". Too bad that some one in that business did not have quick access to a gun.

Salon shooting: Suspect's ex had claimed abuse

Take a look at the sorry puke:

8 killed in Southern California salon shooting | www.wsbtv.com

Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8825 Times on 3820 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Seal Beach shooting suspect Scott Dekraai was prohibited from having firearms and was ordered to move out of his stepfather’s house in 2007 after the relative complained that he had been verbally and physically attacked, according to court records.

Dekraai, who is being held on suspicion of killing eight people and wounding a ninth when he stormed into a Seal Beach hair salon, was also ordered to stay at least 100 yards from his stepfather, LeRoy J. Hinmon, according to documents for the restraining order.

The order followed an Oct. 19, 2007, incident in which Hinmon said his stepson attacked him in his Seal Beach home while Dekraai's 4-year-old son and two others were present, the records said.

Hinmon said he was left with cuts, bruises and other wounds on his face and arms and that police had to be summoned.

The restraining order also barred Dekraai from having firearms and required him to complete a 52-week batterer intervention program. It expired the next year.

Well, THAT did not seem to work, did it?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2115

Default Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

If the man and an a ex. service member, why is he forbiden to have contack with his son..........Please splain this to me......Is it because he wanted his son to shoot guns.....And his beattch of a wife was making time with the man in the parlor.....And she wanted her son to grow up.... This is only my opinion........I say let him off......... At a lost for words.....And will take the shooters words before the wifes......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 AM   #17

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
If the man and an a ex. service member, why is he forbiden to have contack with his son..........Please splain this to me......Is it because he wanted his son to shoot guns.....And his beattch of a wife was making time with the man in the parlor.....And she wanted her son to grow up.... This is only my opinion........I say let him off......... At a lost for words.....And will take the shooters words before the wifes......
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I support your right to have it, in fact I've fought, killed, and lost large amounts of blood while collecting a paycheck from this country, whose constitution says your entitled to those opinions, and entitled to share them.

I'm also entitled to my opinion, and in my opinion, you sir, are a jack ass.

Yes I'm sure the wife was being a beatch, but no one is ever entitled to shooting up someone else's place of employment and killing their coworkers because they have a need (however real or imaginary) to kill one person who did them wrong.

Plain, simple, end of discussion, this crazy **** who already had problems apparently because this isn't the first instance of him being a dumb ass, has committed murder. Likely literally premeditated, and in cold blood.

He should have been executed on the spot. Credible witnesses saw him do it.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
You can thank the mother of the child and the judge involved in the custody case for this one......Just my oppinion......
Really? He has a propensity for violence (apparently) and is in some sort of custody battle so you blame the mother and the judge? Come on! The article does not say what the issue was, just an alleged dispute.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Honestly though, I know a lot of folks who've said to heck with the CCW laws out here, and carry anyways, and to be honest, I don't much blame them. The laws of this state are subjective, some of which are downright unreasonable, and Corruption is rampant. Right now, LA County Sheriff's Dept. Is investigating a crapload of CO's that were taking bribes to deliver drugs and such, inside the prisons. Orange County has a former Sheriff appealing his conviction, if I'm not mistaken, for all sorts of fun things, one of which was he gave out CCW permits to his buddies.
Riverside PD just had it's chief step down after hitting a pole, drunk.
If our Top Guys in uniform won't follow the law, Why should we trust them with our lives?
I used to carry all the time too, until the dream of Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer really sunk in. I didn't want to shuck my dreams just in case. OTOH, if I get killed, I'm sol too
I can't wait to get to a state that better values my rights.
Yah I moved from Cali to South Carolina and rarely regret it.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2115

Default Blame Game.......

Is this another soldier that was just thrown out with trash after serving his country, why has the rate of suicide gone up in todays Military, If this man was a nut case why did the system fail.......It ain't about guns, Restraining orders are a waste of time and money.........Would this have happened if the judge gave him visitation rights..........?????????? Jack $$$ no, A$$ #)&# Yes..........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........