Shooting in Southern California
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Shooting in Southern California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default Shooting in Southern California

I just heard on the radio about some guy who went on a shooting spree in a small town in Southern California and killed (I think) seven people in a saloon. Anybody have a link to the story?

I hope this guy got a bullet put in him for what he has done. He has killed many innocent people, hurt several others, and devestated many families.

Scum like this doesn't deserve to live if he is still alive.

The liberals are going to have a field day with this one. They'll probably turn it around and say all gun owners are nutjobs. It will probably end with more gun restrictions/bans in liberal states too.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-13-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

8 killed in Southern California salon shooting - Yahoo! News

Yah I saw that. It certainly does show the need for concealed weapons permits in California, because then he might possibly have been stopped. Of course, action beats reaction, but still. Yah it was over a custody dispute, so the guy was a nut job. Whether any kind of gun control measure could have prevented this is the question. I think that's where progressives can get it wrong - there is an easy, foolish assumption one can make that that nut did that because he had access to a gun and that if he had been snagged by a waiting period or a background check he might have been thwarted (a knife is of course always a possibility!). And I think if he bought a handgun for the first time a day earlier, then yah, a good measure could have stopped this. And good measures don't really prevent meaningful gun ownership, as conservatives sometimes claim. It's only the bad measures that mean that. Just like it's only bad tax laws that leave some corporations to not pay any taxes even in this down economy. In sum, I think liberals would miss the boat if they assume this is more fodder for the "take guns out of the hands of nutjobs" since from what I've learned in the past few months about guns and concealed carrying, the net the government can cast just isn't impermeable enough to prevent the occasional shooting spree - but if someone was carrying, THAT might have. Instead, liberals would do well to focus on primary prevention such as day care for children, free education and career retraining, healthcare for all, more easily available and affordable mental health care at the public level, and jobs programs. Those things can go a long way to prevent someone taking up arms to kill another over and over again in a given year. But, as we know, that kind of thing takes tax dollars. And tax dollars are in very short supply because of all the **** government gets wrong. Whether they get all that wrong because they are inherently stupid or bad, or because its wings are clipped by the wealthy who lobby and pressure politicians to ship jobs overseas, reduce corporate taxes, loosen financial regulations, and drop their tax rate from 40% to 35. That my friend is where liberals have it right. They should forget about gun control and look at measures that would eventually make shootings much less likely - like Canada - lots of guns, little crime.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

They'll figure it out.....eventually...

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Blame Game..........

You can thank the mother of the child and the judge involved in the custody case for this one......Just my oppinion......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
We are talking about the PRK. The governing idiots dont live in the real world.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo
Comes the same day the open carry ban got signed:P

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Comes the same day the open carry ban got signed:P
coincidence??

But the people of Commiefornica are SO much safer now!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #8

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

In one of the most anti gun states of the country.
Proof positive that legislation can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazies. To defend oneself, you must first have the tools available to do so, so remember, keep your cell phone on you and 911 or local PD on speed dial. Politely ask the psycho to hold. Oh wait that didn't work. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #9

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah this place sucks. Soon I'm out of here though, movin' to Utah where I'll hopefully find a job pretty quick, although It'll be just after christmas

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
In one of the most anti gun states of the country.
Proof positive that legislation can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazies. To defend oneself, you must first have the tools available to do so, so remember, keep your cell phone on you and 911 or local PD on speed dial. Politely ask the psycho to hold. Oh wait that didn't work. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Dont dial 911 until AFTER you dial 1-911!! ALWAYS dial 1911 FIRST!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!