Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Shooting of australian athlete in the US this week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

I think people need to actually take up arms against these gangs in big cities the police departments are usually out manned by the gangs they do what they can but I just don't think it's enough. Wars are not won just by armies there won by the people at home to if the country ain't helpin the boys fightin then more then likely they won't win. I see this as the same with gangs and what not, hell some big cities are basically just battle fields anyway the lines aren't drawn on the map but their there for the community and the police department. People from one neighborhood know which areas to go and not to go when to be out and when not to be out.

I just don't see how killing a random person helps get people into gangs, why not some that actually means anything to the gang like a rival drug dealer or something not some kid from another country that has nothing to do with the gangs. It's sad and makes no sense I think this should never had ended up in the news and they should have just gone missing, now they go to jail and they ended coming out in 13 or 20 years what ever and they think there tough **** and try to do things to hurt other people.



__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,944
Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9

My main point about using so called SWAT teams is, to make them useful doing
things other than serving misdemeanor warrants, etc., and breaking down doors
of houses at the wrong address. These are usually locally self proclaimed poorly
trained part time posses.
I don't know of any SWAT teams in this area that are self proclaimed. All SWAT team members here go through 1 of 3 SWAT schools and get excellent training in all 3. They must all continue training after SWAT school throughout the year.

These standards are adopted from national standards across the USA. This means that MOST SWAT teams in other areas operate the same way as the SWAT teams here.

No SWAT team in this area serves misdemeanor warrants.

Nor has any SWAT team this area ever broken down a door of a house at the wrong address. Some of the members of our SWAT teams are reserve/part time, but they are required to receive the same training and participate in the same missions that all other members participate in.

SWAT is not a gang task force. It is a tactical team that responds to specific situations involving individuals who have barricaded themselves inside of a vehicle or structure, who are in the process of inflicting mass casualties, or who are holding hostages. They do not normally serve warrants. (Though some teams "practice" by assisting their departments with high risk no knock warrants.) They do not self initiate anything but are dispatched to a scene by a supervisor or administrative personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
I think people need to actually take up arms against these gangs in big cities the police departments are usually out manned by the gangs they do what they can but I just don't think it's enough.

I just don't see how killing a random person helps get people into gangs, why not some that actually means anything to the gang like a rival drug dealer or something not some kid from another country that has nothing to do with the gangs.

Gangs are criminal organizations. They have structure and territory. And they are not very active in most areas here in the USA.

The problem with violent crime in most areas is usually related to habitual offenders who get away with doing the same thing over and over again and are never punished for it. Those individuals are not normally organized among themselves beyond social groups of family & friends. Those habitual offenders do tend to live in specific areas within a city or municipality. These areas become high crime areas. When patrols are increased in high crime areas and actively make arrests, the crime rates in those areas tends to drop. When repeat offenders are given strong sentences and not allowed to "walk" crime rates also drop.

Citizens taking potshots at gang members won't help. Citizens "firing" bad police administrators, prosecutors, mayors and judges will. Citizens complaining and raising hell when repeat offenders or violent criminals "walk" will.


__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-24-2013 at 04:48 AM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas,Georgia
Posts: 127
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I don't know of any SWAT teams in this area that are self proclaimed. All SWAT team members here go through 1 of 3 SWAT schools and get excellent training in all 3. They must all continue training after SWAT school throughout the year.

These standards are adopted from national standards across the USA. This means that MOST SWAT teams in other areas operate the same way as the SWAT teams here.

No SWAT team in this area serves misdemeanor warrants.

Nor has any SWAT team this area ever broken down a door of a house at the wrong address. Some of the members of our SWAT teams are reserve/part time, but they are required to receive the same training and participate in the same missions that all other members participate in.

SWAT is not a gang task force. It is a tactical team that responds to specific situations involving individuals who have barricaded themselves inside of a vehicle or structure, who are in the process of inflicting mass casualties, or who are holding hostages. They do not normally serve warrants. (Though some teams "practice" by assisting their departments with high risk no knock warrants.) They do not self initiate anything but are dispatched to a scene by a supervisor or administrative personnel.




Gangs are criminal organizations. They have structure and territory. And they are not very active in most areas here in the USA.

The problem with violent crime in most areas is usually related to habitual offenders who get away with doing the same thing over and over again and are never punished for it. Those individuals are not normally organized among themselves beyond social groups of family & friends. Those habitual offenders do tend to live in specific areas within a city or municipality. These areas become high crime areas. When patrols are increased in high crime areas and actively make arrests, the crime rates in those areas tends to drop. When repeat offenders are given strong sentences and not allowed to "walk" crime rates also drop.

Citizens taking potshots at gang members won't help. Citizens "firing" bad police administrators, prosecutors, mayors and judges will. Citizens complaining and raising hell when repeat offenders or violent criminals "walk" will.
You must not watch the news much.
__________________

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

etbob9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,944
Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9

You must not watch the news much.
I watch it all the time. And I work in and live in the criminal justice system in all of its "glory." Which is usually completely ignored or distorted by the news media so they can prove a point.

What's your point?
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas,Georgia
Posts: 127
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I watch it all the time. And I work in and live in the criminal justice system in all of its "glory." Which is usually completely ignored or distorted by the news media so they can prove a point.

What's your point?
I made my point in post #10 and post #13 of this thread.


__________________

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

etbob9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How to be Australian AusLach The Club House 10 06-20-2011 05:09 AM
Chicago's second Shooting in a week Kelly J Legal and Activism 10 06-05-2010 06:18 PM