Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Shocking!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I think the vast majority of gun owners simply think that the second amendment says we have the right to keep and bear arms. And they believe that is the actual wording. They have no idea what the real purpose of the 2A is. That would be to protect ourselves from a tyranical government!

You're exactly right.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20063 Times on 11411 Posts
Likes Given: 50614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava_4 View Post
Most of those people are not worried about the 2nd Amendment as much as having to give up their guns. Group 2 people and Group 3 people are a lot more concerned about the 2nd Amendment than Group 1 people are.

Those people are assuming the future laws won't affect the weapons that they currently own.
so are you under the assumption that there will be a firearms confiscation?

and if so, who would be doing it?

personally, i don't see any type of confiscation happening, just because the sheer number of firearms that the citizens own.

also, i see the increased membership in the NRA and like minded groups as sign that people want to defend their rights to own firearms of their choosing.