Shipping Hi-Cap Mags To Colorado
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Shipping Hi-Cap Mags To Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default Shipping Hi-Cap Mags To Colorado

I have a buddy that can't find 30 round AR-15 magazines in Colorado(obvious reasons), now if someone that he knows in a different state ships some magazines to him, is that breaking the law for the person shipping them? I know that if he somehow is "caught" and somehow the law (full of sheriff's that say they won't enforce the hi-cap law) prove that he purchased them after the ban went into effect, I know it's a misdemeanor for him, but what about the shipper that is from another state? Are there any legal repercussions?
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #2

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Don't know that I would be putting this on the internet. Can be construed as intent.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Don't know that I would be putting this on the internet. Can be construed as intent.
Trust me, there's intent. But as of yet no action so person a and person b are still safer from mass shooters as i'm told, mostly because of the actions, or lack of, from people like me right?
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Well, interesting thought. If, hypothetically of course, you were the shipper, then your advice to the friend in Colorado should be something like this,

"Yes you will be breaking the law. I am not going to aid in you breaking the law, however, nothing is stopping you from taking a road trip to a free state to buy your own magazines. Or maybe you should 1) fight the law with your state or 2) make your road trip one-way."

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8167 Times on 4468 Posts
Likes Given: 7951

He can take the family for a weekend fishing trip in Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas or Arizona and buy all he wants.!

Or, even better, he can help un-elect governor Chickenpooper.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

if there is a law in effect that make buying magazines over a certain limit illegal, then shipping such magazines into that state could be illegal for you to do so. living in another state and crossing state lines could mean federal laws have been broken.

even by just this thread, you know it's illegal and are trying to circumvent the law.

it might be considered aiding and abetting a criminal act.

personally, i'd let him worry about getting his own magazines and stay far away from this. IMO, it sounds like trouble.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #7

Liked 561 Times on 379 Posts

Here in California we cannot get them legally shipped to us we cannot even order rebuild kits anymore the magazines have to come permanently fixed to only hold 10 rounds even if its in a 30 round magazine.
Hartatac.com will put a rivet in them and send them to you I have used them several times usually you have your choice but I buy the p mags they put a rivet in them to limit them to a 10/30 magazine.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #8

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
2) make your road trip one-way."
Exactly what I would do.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #9

Person A bought magazines online and shipped them to person B without prior authorization, then person A says "hey, ship those to me"...I think person A will have to wait until he drives the 1500 miles to person's B's house since he's making that trip in 4 months anyways. All transactions outside of Colorado sounds like the best plan for person B. How do I know where that person will end up with those magazines? No guarantee on my part that he's taking them back to Colorado. Not trying to break the law in any way, maybe they should be tossed in the shed and person A will have to hunt for them and steal them if he wants them so bad, the other party don't wanna get their hands dirty.
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Last edited by ninjatoth; 07-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #10
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9397 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 19586

If the magazines are legal in your state, you have not broken the law in your state. If there is no federal law against the magazines, you have not broken a federal law by shipping them intrastate. You could only be charged for violating Colorado law. And only IF Colorado indicted you, no way you would be apprehended in your state and extradited to Colorado for some sissy magazine crime. Of course, IF you were indicted, you might have to answer for it IF you were ever apprehended in Colorado at some point in the future. Your buddy is taking the risk. Or I could be wrong.

No offense and none taken