Sheriff's say NO - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sheriff's say NO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 901 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
No. There is no evidence to support your political rhetoric.

We were,discussing Sheriffs, and their stated policy of intentionally failing to follow the law of the State.

I know what is coming next, but I will remind you that F&F was a failure in judgement at a low level of one branch of law enforcement. F&F is only an issue in the minds of die-hard Obama haters; the rest of the country is aware of that, accept it as the boondoggle it was, and are just not interested in it any more. When talking about F&F you are only preaching to the choir.
F&F was more than a failure in judgment it was an illegal act and a Violation of the law.

That's not what we are talking about here, "Violations of the law", If it were then we would prolly run out of bandwidth listing all of the times Holder and Obama have "Broken" the law.

We are talking about "Ignoring' the law. You can do the Google and find all the dozens of times Obama and Holder have ignored the law and forced others to do the same, but to get you started I will list a few.

◦More than 300,000 captured illegal aliens had been processed and were awaiting deportation. Obama stopped these deportations and ordered the U.S. border patrol to release these illegal aliens. That's pretty much on par with your Sheriff releasing criminals, yes.

His defiance of our Immigration laws goes much deeper than this one exapmle, but you get the point.

A couple Black Panthers were charged with Voter intimidation. AG Holder dismissed the charges. This outraged J. Christian Adams to the point he resigned from the DOJ in 2010.

Lets not forget the Obama Administrations refusal to enforce Marijuana Possession laws across the Country, cept of course there be a firearm involved, then he be enforcing.

Last edited by mseric; 08-27-2014 at 02:00 AM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

A lot of wasted band width here!
It all comes down to the one on one interaction between the LEO (citizen wearing the badge) and citizen not wearing the badge. The LEO MUST have and USE his/her (good) judgment and not charge people when it is obvious the law which they are violating is unconstitutional and the enforcement of said law would be a violation of the citizens/violators rights. This would apply to 99.9% of anti-gun laws on the on the books today. It don't matter who the LEO works for.
But this action is few and far between because it easy to do the wrong thing and hard to do the right thing!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 08-27-2014 at 02:51 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #63
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1610 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 8520

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
A lot of wasted band with here!
It all comes down to the one on one interaction between the LEO (citizen wearing the badge) and citizen not wearing the badge. The LEO MUST have and USE his/her (good) judgment and not charge people when it is obvious the law which they are violating is unconstitutional and the enforcement of said law would be a violation of the citizens/violators rights. This would apply to 99.9% of anti-gun laws on the on the books today. It don't matter who the LEO works for.
But this action is few and far between because it easy to do the wrong thing and hard to do the right thing!!!
QFT Jim.

There are some who seem to think that all LEOs must enforce ALL Federal, State, and Local laws with no exceptions. as Jim pointed out, enforcement is up to the LEO in the field, and the actions of his\her "customer". Every stop is a judgement call for both parties.

As to the they don't have the right argument, I invite those who say this to take the training, don the uniform, and do the job themselves. I know many LEOs who I have been friends with for decades, and each time one of them runs radar they choose not to enforce NY V&T law 1180 (d) unless someone is really hauling ass. Some set the go\no go at 7 over, some at 5 over.

If you really want to see LEOs enforce the law to the letter, I advise you to go get your car's speedometer calibrated and certified. it will do you no good for fighting a ticket in court, but then you will know you are breaking the law and you will have no excuse.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
very true. i think police chiefs job should be an elected position as well.
I have to agree. I believe it would encourage a different point of view and outcome. Most rank and file police officers I know are pro second amendment. It stands to reason that elected police chiefs would be too.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #65

Liked 1039 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

I just realized that this thread has pretty much crossed over to politics. As such, how can it still be open?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #66
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6346 Times on 3173 Posts
Likes Given: 6837

So according to where you live is really what your likely to experience and that is more variable by neighborhood than county, state or Federal policy. I live in NY but the LEO's upstate are not so much Andy appreciators as can be garnered by the very few arrests and almost no prosecutions in "Upstate of Safe act Violations". Your much more likely to get a seatbelt or cellphone ticket than a weapon violation citation or even a second glance at a citizen with a firearm thats not looking for a fight for that matter.

Its not fair for sure, its hard to judge what should and shouldnt happen as a general rule and easier if its case by case but LEO's really arent allowed much room to judge, just express the law as written. Thats probably as it should be but bad law will always come between good people...

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #67
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1236 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Default Sheriff speaks on stripping Gun rights

Amen Sheriff !!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/maryland-sheriff-stands-federal-gun-grabbers-warns-civil-war/

Old 09-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #68
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6346 Times on 3173 Posts
Likes Given: 6837

Sheriffs know what fed police refuse to accept, an armed free population is a respectful one.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 901 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Already a thread running on Sheriff Lewis.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sheriffs-say-no-109642/

Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #70
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1236 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Already a thread running on Sheriff Lewis.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sheriffs-say-no-109642/
Okay......they are merged