Sheriff sued over denial of CCW and...you'll love this! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sheriff sued over denial of CCW and...you'll love this!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

nice to see one judge with his head screwed on straight

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default CCW Laws - they are a' changin

In Sacramento County, California we have elections coming up in November that will include Sheriff. Candidate Scott Jones, who is not a politician but a street cop who has worked his way up to near the top, has told me personally that he will convert Sacramento County to "shall issue" once he is elected. With budget problems here, our law enforcement community has shrunk to a point where only the highest priority calls can be handled on a code 3 basis, everything else waits - forget about patrols and crime prevention - not enough money. I am glad this county is waking up to value of "shall issue" CCW rules. There are several counties in California that are already shall issue and, of course, crimes rates are significantly lower in those areas. Even though we are on the "left" coast we seem to be leaning a little more to the right. Plus, Arnie will gone this time around as well.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Hound View Post
In Sacramento County, California we have elections coming up in November that will include Sheriff. Candidate Scott Jones, who is not a politician but a street cop who has worked his way up to near the top, has told me personally that he will convert Sacramento County to "shall issue" once he is elected. With budget problems here, our law enforcement community has shrunk to a point where only the highest priority calls can be handled on a code 3 basis, everything else waits - forget about patrols and crime prevention - not enough money. I am glad this county is waking up to value of "shall issue" CCW rules. There are several counties in California that are already shall issue and, of course, crimes rates are significantly lower in those areas. Even though we are on the "left" coast we seem to be leaning a little more to the right. Plus, Arnie will gone this time around as well.
Scott Jones you say? I have a female family member up there who I'd like to be armed if possible. I will have to tell her about him, hound. Thanks.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #14

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Hound View Post
He have any relatives in New Jersey interested in running?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Move to Texas and you can have all the guns you want to carry

In fact, we look twice at those that don't have one

Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #16

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington