SF Police Chief Calls for National Gun Registry - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > SF Police Chief Calls for National Gun Registry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 158

This fellow from SF can say anything he wants, does't mean it's going to happen. It's not the first time this has been brought up, certainly won't be the last. What will it accomplish? The conspiracy theorist will start screaming gun confiscation. The liberals will tell us they feel safer because they know where the guns are. The criminals will just laugh their asses off because their lives aren't changing a bit. On the practical side of gun registration, the state probably couldn't afford to foot the bill for it, and it's really not enough of a national political issue for the federal government to give it much more than lip service. good luck to us all

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This 
Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #32

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7
Registration is only effective for one purpose - confiscation.
Agreed, but I am proposing that any retail sale through an FFE is as good as registration anyway.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #33

Liked 2522 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Here's a thought. If you bought your guns through a licensed dealer, then you have recorded a background check for the purpose of purchasing a weapon. The dealer must retain record of that sale inclusive of make and serial number. Now, if it is true the Feds can record every telephone call and read every email, don't you think they could determine which guns you purchased, from where, and when? Now do they know if you still own them, or if you own any purchased "off the grid?" Nope. Do you require & record data on a bill of sale when you transfer a gun privately? I do. Why? Because I see legitimate purchases I make from a gun dealer as an informal registration. If a weapon I sell or trade is ever used at a later date for criminal purposes, I want to be able to show I don't own it and to whom it was transferred.
This doesn't mean you still own the gun. Plus there is no central registration they would have to go through the records of every ffl to find out who bought the guns. Much more difficult for them to prove you have the gun than having a central registration.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #34
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Everyone has a fix for what ails us, Sheriff Happy feet has his ideas and they sound good if you say them fast enough. We have enough laws and rules to last 10 civilizations, enough of the new law already! Maybe we should all register our thoughts while were at it!

Phuck that stupid shat, prosecute the criminal based on the crime not the possibility...

Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #35

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I always get a kick out of law suggestions that are generated by those who dont abide by laws in the first place. There are laws against killing people - I dont think all the bad guys abide by these laws.

Now they want to put into effect laws that say "You must register your weapon so we know who has them". Im sure the lines will be long with gang members in front of me. Ill make sure I get in line early.

Chicago is a good example. No guns allowed yet they have the highest death rate with handguns in the country. Looks like the plan is working well.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Last edited by wittmeba; 08-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #36

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Everyone has a fix for what ails us, Sheriff Happy feet has his ideas and they sound good if you say them fast enough. We have enough laws and rules to last 10 civilizations, enough of the new law already! Maybe we should all register our thoughts while were at it!...

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.