Senate Votes Down Anti-Gun (Uniersal Background Check) Bill - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate Votes Down Anti-Gun (Uniersal Background Check) Bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Watching the news on 4-18-13 hearing the familes of the poor lost children scares me. Not in for the safety of my children but in the knowldge that people are so closed minded about firearms, laws, and i guess you could add in there criminal activity. One of the mother had said on abc that she wont stop until she sees the restriction on evil war machines. I spent time the other day in a barber shop talking to an antigunner. He tryed to tell me what i was doing goes against god. I had to hear his side of the argument. He made some valid points until i had said that what if the cops couldent come what if our military was all killed, what if your wife your children your grandkids where in danger of there lives. I said wouldent you want your fellow american citizan to sand and help you. Fight for your family save there lives. His reply to this was that "thats right thats all you are. A citizan. " he went on to say what could you do how could some one with no athority help. How could you stop somthing. I told him that as an american its my job to do so. Ofcorse he total disogreeded with me. I said thats fine. After my hair cut was done i looked at him and said would it make a difference if i had a badge or a jacket that said police or fbi or dhs? His relpy was yes. I then told him. Whats the difference? What makes them special? That badge? He said yes. So as i found out there is no reasing or explaning to these types people i feel sorry for the genorations behind us they have one hell of a fight coming.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #32

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Reconsideration of the Manchin/Toomey amendment is scheduled for Today (April 18th).

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #33

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Welcome to the world of gun politics. The older guys on here have been in this battle for 50 years or more. We keep wining that is why you can own firearms today. There has always been the people who stand on the side lines crying all is lost. To them we say get the Hell out of the way. We have a war to fight.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #34

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

This whole fight is not about background checks, which is already a law for ALL FFL dealers, and its not about how we can curb violence, It's about the Constitution and the rights that were set down by our founding fathers. I applaud Congress for looking past the rhetoric of what the media has been spewing as the "Majority of voters want stricter gun control" and standing up for that document that they were elected to uphold.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

People Like This 
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #35

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Ditto, we DO NOT live in a Democracy where Majority Rules, we live in a Constitutional Republic where we live by the Constitution and Bill of Rights and no matter how many want something to be made law if it's Unconstitutional it simply can't (or shouldn't) happen because the Constitution and Bill of Rights protect the minority's Rights so that the majority can't crap all over them.
Thanks to our Congress who finally understand that just because a lot of folks want something it shouldn't necessarily be made law if it flies in the face of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

This is the War Room!"
People Like This 
Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

This is just one battle of an everlasting war, we can't stop fighting.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
nitestalker Likes This