Originally Posted by Chainfire
This is about two things:
1. Fear mongring over a bill that is DOA. The senator is pandering to his voter base, no way this would pass in the Senate, and if it did, no way it would get through the house.
2. (and most important) Separating you from your money Pay to send a petition (email)? I don't think so. My email works just fine.
I would never send a dime to any organization that would pull such a trick.
Right on both counts. Although to be fair, they're going fax your petition for $19 to $129 depending on how far you wanted to reach.
alsaqr as bad as those states are, they don't compare to some other countries.
Dra·co·ni·an - [drey-koh-nee-uhn, druh-]
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Draco or his code of laws.
2.(often lowercase) rigorous; unusually severe or cruel: Draconian forms of punishment.
World English Dictionary
draconian or draconic (dreɪˈkəʊnɪən, dreɪˈkɒnɪk)
1. of or relating to Draco, 7th-century Athenian statesman and lawmaker, or his code of laws, which prescribed death for almost every offense
2. harsh: draconian legislation