Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > senate judicuary committee on gun violence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Angry senate judicuary committee on gun violence

Hope this is the right place, admens please move if necessary.

Did anyone else watch this on TV?

What are your thoughts.

My thoughts are that there where straight out lies,

James Johnson Baltimore County, MD Police Chief, had a big agenda, most Dems who wanted anti-gun confirmation would go to him,

there was a professor cant remember his name or where he was from but he was knowledgeable on the Heller DC case, he answered pretty good, and most of the time in favor of the 2 amendment.

Wayne LaPierre, wish he wouldn't ramble on just answer the question straight out.

Mark Kelly husband of Gabrielle Giffords, had an agenda, him and James Johnson both kept pushing the gun show loophole, wanting background checks on private sales, and ban large capacity mags.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1750 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

Here is youtube with Senate Judiciary Committee hearing that told place today.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=senate+judiciary+committee+he aring%2C+today&lclk=today

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz Q&A at Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing on Guns

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-31-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

If ever we needed a spokesman like Charleton Heston it's now.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
If ever we needed a spokesman like Charleton Heston it's now.
Ted nuggent is capable of the same as Heston, but he allows too much emotion into his arguments.imo

Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

T N is seen as a rock star turned gun wacko.
Heston was a good speaker, as most actors are.

What we have is a system of government that is now fallen out of the established system of constitutional law, and fallen into the hands of a military industrial complex controlled by mega business leaders.

The law once stood for the common worker. Today, it is becoming uncommon to work, and many others don't even want to work.

We are doomed. Circling the drain.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #6

I watched it. I didn't hear any lies. Wayne L. looked like an idiot. He could not compete with the big guys and thus looked like a politician trying to worm his way out of the argument by avoiding the question. He should have given a straight forward answer to the question. He was asked a simple yes or no question: "Do you approve of non dealers being allowed to buy a gun at a gun show without a background check?" Wayne would not answer but went out on a tangent and looked like he was avoiding the question. He made it obvious that his answer was "yes," but he never actually answered the question which made him look seedy and crooked. Yes, the NRA needs another Charleton Heston. What about Tom Selleck? He is an actor who is a member and he can speak. Someone needs to groom him to be a spokesman.
CT

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #7

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I watched it. I didn't hear any lies. Wayne L. looked like an idiot. He could not compete with the big guys and thus looked like a politician trying to worm his way out of the argument by avoiding the question. He should have given a straight forward answer to the question. He was asked a simple yes or no question: "Do you approve of non dealers being allowed to buy a gun at a gun show without a background check?" Wayne would not answer but went out on a tangent and looked like he was avoiding the question. He made it obvious that his answer was "yes," but he never actually answered the question which made him look seedy and crooked. Yes, the NRA needs another Charleton Heston. What about Tom Selleck? He is an actor who is a member and he can speak. Someone needs to groom him to be a spokesman.
CT
I would support tom selleck as the speaker for the nra. I think that would be good.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #8

Liked 138 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I watched a large part of it. The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of enforcement of the current laws against straw purchases etc.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 533 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 211

here is the first part of this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6gZU01yF8&feature=youtu.be

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I would support tom selleck as the speaker for the nra. I think that would be good.
Dont forget the Chucks...

Norris and Woollery.

They also do an excellent job. Wayne just gives off that used car saleman vib.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Bigcountry02 Likes This