Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #81
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

Sí, es mi amigo.
Lol.........

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
That has to stop, wake the hell up folks there's a right way and a wrong way to do business....and we are held to a higher standard as gun owners.
So, you are making this decision unilaterally for the millions of gun owners in this country?

Mom is that you?

You do what you think is right and don't try to legislate it onto the rest of us. That is the difference between tyrants and good neighbors/proper governance.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #83
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
So, you are making this decision unilaterally for the millions of gun owners in this country?

Mom is that you?

You do what you think is right and don't try to legislate it onto the rest of us. That is the difference between tyrants and good neighbors/proper governance.
Don't you just love it when the minority trys to tell the majority what to do in regards to our rights? Kind of defeats the purpose of having RIGHTS, don't it?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #84

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Lets not forget the prohibition of alcohol in the 30s and the war on terror.
I don't think that just because some laws are ineffective that we shouldn't have legislation at all.

Like most on here I wish this BS wasn't happening at all. But it is, and you can dang well bet we haven't seen the last of this either

Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Looking at background checks as as an unrealistic way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or criminals to be, I am reluctant to purchase from a person at table in a gun show. How do I know where that gun came from or how it was attained. Does this straw purchace agent have a ring of thieves supplying him with stolen firearms? It works both ways...
That is a good point; the federal and state stolen firearms databases should be publicly accessible too. That would cut down on the stolen firearms values.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I don't think that just because some laws are ineffective that we shouldn't have legislation at all.

Like most on here I wish this BS wasn't happening at all. But it is, and you can dang well bet we haven't seen the last of this either
That makes sense. "This law WON'T work, but lets pass it anyways"

As I said before, this law would effect our RIGHTS, something that should never be compromised.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #87

Quote:
That makes sense. "This law WON'T work, but lets pass it anyways"

As I said before, this law would effect our RIGHTS, something that should never be compromised.
well I know plenty of people who choose which laws they want to obey and which ones they want to honor. at the end of the day it's your choice. but try convincing an east coast liberal of that sometime........

Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #88
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Did you really just compare my statement to Diane freaking Feinstein?

Yes.

The statement you made about MS13, yes. I don't dispute your contention that there may be illegal gun sales at gun shows and I won't argue that a gang member may have shaved and worn a polo shirt and bought a gun illegally at a gunshow. But I know the Maras. It was my business to know them because I made a living monitoring the activities of crime syndicates, gangs, cartels, kidnappers, human traffickers, gunrunners and insurgent groups in Central and South America for 30 years...and I know where MS 13 gets the majority of it's weapons and it's not from gun shows, Walmart or Larry's Gun Store in McAllen, TX.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
well I know plenty of people who choose which laws they want to obey and which ones they want to honor. at the end of the day it's your choice. but try convincing an east coast liberal of that sometime........
If a law won't work, there is absolutely no reason to pass it. If what your getting at is appeasing the libs by allowing this law to pass, you are making a very dangerous, and IMHO, very stupid decision.
I couldn't give a damn what the libs want. I WILL NEVER give up my RIGHTS.

If you give a lib a gun control law, they are going to ask for registration.
When you give them the registration of guns, they are probably going to ask that certain guns are banned.
When they finish banning certain guns, they will ask that other guns are banned...

Kind of follows that "if you give a mouse a cookie" thing. If you give them one thing, they will want more, and more, and more.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #90

Quote:
If what your getting at is appeasing the libs by allowing this law to pass, you are making a very dangerous, and IMHO, very stupid decision.
I'm not appeasing anyone, I am not a lawmaker. But that is what is going on. Whether it pisses you off, or not, that's how politics work and the 2nd amendment is just one of a number of rights that gets trampled.