Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Well, Tack, you are absolutely right sir and thats another major issue that Im sure gets our FULL support here....which is much steeper punishment for straw purchases.

Right now, in my surrounding area (Philly) I believe the crime for committing a straw purchase is 2-3 years. In a crumbling city where unemployment is at a record high and cops are getting laid off each week.....the risk versus reward isnt very threatening if they get busted. 3 square meals a day and a comfy steel bed at night. They dont recognize the crime as being a real threat. They will be out and reunite with friends and family in 2 years time.

Congress needs to ramp up punishments for straw purchases BIG TIME and create a successful ad campaign all over the cities. Bus signs, fliers, billboards, whatever it takes to get the messsage out. You will do serious time and face major fines for getting busted.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 04-11-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Some of you don't seem to understand what a RIGHT is.

A right is something that NO ONE can take from you. It does not come with conditions, or regulations. Its is something EVERYONE is born with, and dies with.

A privilage is something that can be taken away. It can be regulated, and can come with conditions, and it is something you are given in life, not birth.

We have the RIGHT to bear arms, NOT the privilage.

Quote:
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Quote:
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
— Thomas Jefferson (Letter to Archibald Stuart - 1791)
Quote:
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster
Quote:
"... rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our own will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual"
— Thomas Jefferson (Letter to Isaac H. Tiffany - 1819)
Quote:
Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
-Ayn Rand
Old 04-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #73

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Did you guys know that ants in Bolivia walk backwards and can carry 50x their own body weight? They also cannibalize their spouses after consummation. And the weather here in Philly is about 71 degrees and overcast......wonder if it will rain soon.....

Oh wait, did I stray off topic??

You buy a gun (from a non-family member) then you should have a LEGAL transfer from a licensed FFL. This could prevent guns in the wrong hands. PERIOD.

You may continue ranting and straining your eyeballs over all things 2A and our freedoms now.
From what I understand there is a nationwide war on drugs. How is that going SS ?

NEVER FORGET

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:

You buy a gun (from a non-family member) then you should have a LEGAL transfer from a licensed FFL. This could prevent guns in the wrong hands. PERIOD.
i'm not bashing you, i accept that this is your opinion. however can you answer this question.

i am a member in good standing on this forum.
i am a law abiding citizen(for the most part, everyone breaks some rule at sometime.)

a law goes into effect that requires me to get a backround check to buy a gun from joe blow. i DONT get that check, but joe blow doesnt mind and still sells me the gun anyway.

has that new background check law prevented me from making the purchase?

and am i going to go on a violent rampage with the single shot .22lr cricket i just brought from joe blow?

Yet, if i were to follow such a law i would be forced to pay more fees and more taxes. but the real criminals won't.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 04-11-2013 at 05:44 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #75
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

From what I understand there is a nationwide war on drugs. How is that going SS ?
Oh I know, the gang bangers throw on polo shirts and buy the drugs at the pharmacy legally. Lmfao
Criminals don't follow the law. Never have never will. Make more laws and you get more criminals.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Lets not forget the prohibition of alcohol in the 30s and the war on terror.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #77
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

Lets not forget the prohibition of alcohol in the 30s and the war on terror.
Atleast the illegal immigrant issue is being handled properly. Lol.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
such a fun term, ILLEGAL immigrant... just incase we were unsure if rules were being broken.. yet everyone uses it like the term nurse, or cop as a job description... and then we have the audacity to try and deport them without a fair chance to excell in the USA. hmmm... makes one think.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #79

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Well, Tack, you are absolutely right sir and thats another major issue that Im sure gets our FULL support here....which is much steeper punishment for straw purchases.

Right now, in my surrounding area (Philly) I believe the crime for committing a straw purchase is 2-3 years. In a crumbling city where unemployment is at a record high and cops are getting laid off each week.....the risk versus reward isnt very threatening if they get busted. 3 square meals a day and a comfy steel bed at night. They dont recognize the crime as being a real threat. They will be out and reunite with friends and family in 2 years time.

Congress needs to ramp up punishments for straw purchases BIG TIME and create a successful ad campaign all over the cities. Bus signs, fliers, billboards, whatever it takes to get the messsage out. You will do serious time and face major fines for getting busted.
Steeper penalties for straw purchasers is ALSO a double edged sword. I'm all for "life in prison" for the guys that straw purchase for profit with no regard for where those guns are headed. IMHO, these people are gangsters too... they just happen to still have a clean record.

However... I don't think any of us agree with a life sentence... or any sentence... for young women who are born into inner city strife and do this for fear of gang retaliation.

The State promises them safety, fails to deliver upon that safety, they knowingly break the law to avoid being gang raped or killed... and we throw the book at the victim?

No Sir... as with every other product the Government has attempted to ban or regulate, the unintended consequences of UBC's will be... and ONLY be... the creation of MORE criminals and MORE victims.

Tack
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Sí, es mi amigo.