Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Jesus some of you are REALLY talented at stretching a single issue into a non-related full blown rant about freedoms and infringement. Unbelievable.

whatever, if I'm only reaching 2-3 people thats fine with me. At least they "get it"

Private Gun sales and transfers at gun shows between 2 people who know NOTHING about eachother shouldnt be this freaking easy. It should be illegal. Period.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #62

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Liberalism like any deadly disease is not usually found before its too late.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5090

Politics is the art of compromise. If I want you to vote for a new bridge in my district, I'm going to have to vote for the new post office in your district.

As long as we get something in return, like easing travel restrictions with guns, I can live with Bcs.

I must be missing something important here, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how the hell a background check takes away my liberty or my 2A rights.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #64

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Private Gun sales and transfers at gun shows between 2 people who know NOTHING about eachother shouldnt be this freaking easy. It should be illegal. Period.
Should I have to check your driving record before I sell you a vehicle?

Should there by a registry of alcoholics which I must check before I sell you a vehicle?

Why not?

Aren't those lives worth saving?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #65

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Jesus some of you are REALLY talented at stretching a single issue into a non-related full blown rant about freedoms and infringement. Unbelievable.

whatever, if I'm only reaching 2-3 people thats fine with me. At least they "get it"

...and it is ALREADY the law in many States.

Beyond that... go surf "armslist" for awhile... the vast majority of sellers clearly note that they require a CCW... or meeting at an FFL before they will transfer.

This is us, policing ourselves, and beyond that it is a State issue. The Fed's have no business regulating the sale of private property between private citizens.

What's next... I get held liable because I did not check the drivers license on the guy I sold a car to... because he turned out to have a DUI conviction and killed someone with that car?

Please SS... give me 1 example of a Federal Prohibition... or Regulation of a Civil Right worked as intended and did not come with serious "unintended consequences"...

...Just 1

Tack
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #66

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Its exactly pass it to knowwhat it is type thing as there is no "gun show loophole" you do a transaction with a ffl you do a background check. There is no loophole for buying a gun from dealer simply because your in a gunshow.

Private sale is a private sale. Personally i think your pretty stupid to hand a firearm over to a complete stranger without knowing if that person is a felon or a wife beating stalker.

I think the nics system should be open to use for everyone not just ffl's. Just call up say if its a private sale or not give a name social dl whatever they tell you yes/no make your sale or say bye. No fee needed no paperwork needed. Just a yes no if this person is prohibited or not
They have apps for everything why not have a trade or an ATF check app
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Politics is the art of compromise. If I want you to vote for a new bridge in my district, I'm going to have to vote for the new post office in your district.

As long as we get something in return, like easing travel restrictions with guns, I can live with Bcs.

I must be missing something important here, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how the hell a background check takes away my liberty or my 2A rights.
Come on now Loc... you were a Cop for far too long to not recognize the danger is passing more meaningless legislation.

One of the supposed "+" items for our side is the ability to substitute your CCW for the Instant Check. Would that apply to private transfers? Or just FFL purchases? Would I need to keep a photo copy of that buyers CCW in case the gun ever got traced back to me? Is it "really" a positive for us? Or is it simply easier to expand the backdoor registry of gun owners because every CCW holder in the County is sitting in a County or State Database?

FFL's can loose there license and face prosecution for guns that walk "out the back door".

UBC's are nothing more than the Governments boot on our next... with the threat of prosecution... should a gun we parted with ever be used in a crime and traced back to us.

Sure... it sounds harmless enough, then 15 years down the road the BATF is serving a search warrant on your home and collecting all of your firearms until YOU prove that the crime gun you sold legally 20 years earlier was actually a legitimate transfer.

Hell, CA residents, as we speak, are have there guns confiscated because there doctor wrote a prescription for an anti depressant... or an EX filed a restraining order.

NO COMPROMISE...

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #68

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Did you guys know that ants in Bolivia walk backwards and can carry 50x their own body weight? They also cannibalize their spouses after consummation. And the weather here in Philly is about 71 degrees and overcast......wonder if it will rain soon.....

Oh wait, did I stray off topic??

You buy a gun (from a non-family member) then you should have a LEGAL transfer from a licensed FFL. This could prevent guns in the wrong hands. PERIOD.

You may continue ranting and straining your eyeballs over all things 2A and our freedoms now.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #69

Quote:
Did you guys know that ants in Bolivia walk backwards and can carry 50x their own body weight? They also cannibalize their spouses after consummation. And the weather here in Philly is about 71 degrees and overcast......wonder if it will rain soon.....

Oh wait, did I stray off topic??

You buy a gun (from a non-family member) then you should have a LEGAL transfer from a licensed FFL. This could prevent guns in the wrong hands. PERIOD.

You may continue ranting and straining your eyeballs over all things 2A and our freedoms now.
No SS... It won't.

As I pointed out earlier... as long a this country has females over the age of 21 with clean records who are capable of passing a BGC... there with always be an avenue for violent criminals and gang bangers to get guns.

The tighter you crack down the screws of "control"... the less control you have, and the more "blackmail victims" you create.

Tack

Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #70

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
You buy a gun (from a non-family member) then you should have a LEGAL transfer from a licensed FFL. This could prevent guns in the wrong hands.
"could"? Well, if Mary had b--zz, she'd be Mike. What does that prove?

The thing about the ants was funny, btw.

No offence, but you might make some progress if you ranted against knowingly selling a gun to a (specified) mental case or to a criminal or for a criminal purpose. That is a whole lot different and less intrusive than what you are arguing for; it would accomplish just as much and it would not create a new class of criminals. It just makes no sense to believe that you can combat crime by creating new classes of criminals.

For example - if I am out in the mountains (as I am every fall) with a hunting partner and he bangs up his rifle, why should it be illegal for me to loan him my spare for the rest of the hunt? As I understand it, that would be illegal because he is not part of my family and because I cannot conduct a background check up along the Ram River. That is the kind of consequence that emotional laws bring. It doesn't make any sense to you, either, does it?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-11-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This