Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I heard fienstien bragging on TV that she was going to put the assault weapons ban in as an add on to the bill.
Hope she does, one sure fire way to kill the bill.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

كافر

Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #42

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStone View Post
Strange,But before all the gun laws we had inundate us,with more for sure on the way,we didn't have all the shootings and mass murder we have today.

Just thumb through an old Sears Roebuck Catalog,if you can find one,and whiteness American Freedom Lost over time..
Mr. Hank, did you mean to write "whiteness American Freedom" ? Was that a slip of sorts and you meant (witness). Just wondering.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
You are an idiot if you think they all look like this guy. Go back to watching Gangland on the Discovery channel Mr. gang expert.

The more organized gangs are businessmen. They dont even associate with tatted up soldier thugs.
Yea, otherwise known as bankers.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
One thing I don't understand is they keep saying all it is, is requiring back ground checks at gun shows and online. If I went right now and bought a gun online I wouldn't be able to get it without a background check because it has to be shipped to an ffl. If I went to a gun show and purchased from a vendor I would have to do a background check. So what in Sam hell is this new law they keep talking about doing if its already a law. I just don't understand it or I'm totally missing something somewhere.
If I wanted to buy orangellos cz52 that he said he was thinking about selling in a post on this forum that is considered an internet sale under this law. Both living in the same state I could buy his pistol without ffl check before the bill is passed. Word of mouth only sales.

Also I read where it weakens the law where if you were traveling thru New York and have your gun properly stored unloaded while traveling interstate you would be fine. Now in such a case it is totally up to the leo whether you continue on your way or go to jail.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #45

Liked 379 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
If I went to a gun show and purchased from a vendor I would have to do a background check. So what in Sam hell is this new law they keep talking about doing if its already a law. I just don't understand it or I'm totally missing something somewhere.
The thumbnail explanation:
The last show I was at, several attendees (non dealers) were walking around, one with a Thompson and another with an Enfield 303 and an AR. They were soliciting dealers to trade or purchase, but if someone else there was interested, they would have engaged in a private transaction. It would have been no different that you selling a rifle to your neighbor, except this seller probably wouldn't know the buyer.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #46

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Bingo, GTX. It's really that simple....that was the single point I was making while some had fun derailing my point into their grand knowledge of gangs.

That has to stop, wake the hell up folks there's a right way and a wrong way to do business....and we are held to a higher standard as gun owners.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #47

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
So silly of me to think that anti-crime laws would actually reduce crime.
Not silly. Misinformed. Misled. Illogical. And naive. All based on party-of-the-Left propaganda to advance their agenda to disarm the law-abiding populace and, beyond reliance, your MISPLACED TRUST in them.

The Left is here to disarm us, not stop a single mass shooting which they need to do it. Ya know, 'cause if it saves just one child...

OK, ignorant!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #48

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

You can play dumb and hide behind half truths all you want folks but that VERY situation does happen....in fact it's common in some areas.

And you really doubt that criminals have caught on to it??

Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #49

Quote:
One thing I don't understand is they keep saying all it is, is requiring back ground checks at gun shows and online. If I went right now and bought a gun online I wouldn't be able to get it without a background check because it has to be shipped to an ffl. If I went to a gun show and purchased from a vendor I would have to do a background check. So what in Sam hell is this new law they keep talking about doing if its already a law. I just don't understand it or I'm totally missing something somewhere.
You don't understand it? Let me help, if I may...

THE PARTY OF THE LEFT ALWAYS LIES.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
You can play dumb and hide behind half truths all you want folks but that VERY situation does happen.... in fact it's common in some areas.

And you really doubt that criminals have caught on to it??
Hey Steel, I'm not playing dumb! LOL

I agree it may not seem ideal but we know from interview studies of criminals in prison that they do not buy guns at gun shows. Cockroaches don't step out into the light. There's no national gunshow loophole being exploited. That's a fact. So put the Kool-Aid in your Left hand down. There was even life before the GCA of 1968 ya know... Or maybe you don't.

Here's the whole truth: These proposed laws, purported to stop "gun violence" like Sandy Hook ("ohhhhh, the childrennnnn, whaaaaaa...." sorry) have no effect on criminals (who will always act outside the current laws, like against murder, as well as any new ones about having a background check done) and they aren't intended to. These new laws are aimed at disuading and disarming the law abiding.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This