Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

And NONE of the pretense from the lying Left, parroted by their useful-idiots, is going to change a damned thing about "gun violence" for all intent and (their) puropse of disuading and ultimately disarming law-abiding citizens from private ownership of arms.
Preaching to the choir here. have fun trying to convince a Libby

Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1019

[QUOTE=c3shooter;1211064]Jim- what I have seen happening with firearms since 1968 should not be called a compromise.

The dictionary definition of "compromise": A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.

Sorry- but I damn sure do not see the other side making any concessions. It is a bite here, a nibble there, a little more there, ad infinitum.

But what the hell- it's just a little chain. I'm sure we'll hardly feel it.

Thank you for the correction!!!
I have been telling people not to get caught up in 'their' terminology and I did it myself!!!
Those who control the narrative control the debate!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #123
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

to me a compromise is when a mutual agreement is made that is beneficial to both parties.

at what point have the law abiding gun owner gotten any benefits from any of the compromises made to date? best recollection on my part, none!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
So lemme get this straight:

The only reason you didn't buy stolen guns was you were afraid you could get caught, and...

...you think criminals care about whether or not the illegal gun they have comes up as stolen when they're caught with it and a national registry of stolen guns will keep crooks from stealing or smuggling them to sell to each other.

Wow. And you vote? Just, wow.
On the first point, are you sure that I am not a criminal, or are you a criminal, or do you read random criminal minds as a hobby? It wasn't that I was really "worried about getting caught", since I could almost-legitimately claim to have purchased the stolen firearm without any knowledge of its theft status, since the database that already exists listing firearms reported as stolen is not available to private citizens, only LEO's and supposedly only as part of "active investigations". I have emailed the state AG and BATF on this issue, as well as speaking with the local police on how I could check a firearm's status; I was disappointed with the answers. I don't see me getting in any real legal trouble over a second-hand stolen firearm, so long as I can't be connected to its theft, BUT I would lose the firearm and the money spent on it with little recourse (legal recourse anyway). It would be like renting a firearm until such time as an LEO encountered it.

So, as a person who has at least been offered and drooled over a stolen firearm, I assure you that its value was lessened in my eyes as a consumer by its status as stolen and probably reported stolen.

For the thieves (who were actually quite thick in this case), the theft of the items was about profit. I saw the firearm at a buddy's house who was trying to find them a spare magazine to make the item more saleable, BECAUSE they were having trouble selling it at a decent price that would make their theft worth their time.

Not a felon, so yes voting is always an option.

If the Kahr had been a PM9 or CW9 instead of a PM40, I would've probably given them the $100 for it, but I would've considered it "a rental".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.