Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #111
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
I think you need to consider taking an Anger Management course. I hope you're taking blood pressure meds. You need to rachet it down a bunch and back off the ranting. Oh, and add spell-check to you browser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Actually these have been some of Hocks finer post. Are you sure spell check has a hyphen ? Well are you ?
actually this one is understandable! somewhat!

most are so far out there as to which direction it's going is anyone's guess!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #112

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Well, duh? Who would pay as much for a "drop" gun as a legal gun?

What I said was making NICS available to ALL sellers would impact the value of stolen guns; their prices would be driven down, maybe far enough down to reduce the profit motive for stealing them in the first place. A hot gun is a much harder sell when the buyer knows it is hot.

I've been offered stolen firearms before, a couple I reeeeeally wanted, but I didn't want them knowing they would PROBABLY show up as stolen if a LEO ran their numbers. I say PROBABLY because many people fail to keep a record of their serial numbers for the theft report; this means any gun that has been stolen has a MUCH lower percentage chance of showing up as stolen when an LEO runs its numbers.

As far as causing more illegal guns to be smuggled INTO the country, I gotta wonder if they would have normal/US style serial numbers and how they would be listed or not listed if the LEO called in the serial number. A illegally imported firearm would be worth even less than one I knew would show up stolen when checked; who wants the feds thinking they are a gun runner or have one to rat out?
So lemme get this straight:

The only reason you didn't buy stolen guns was you were afraid you could get caught, and...

...you think criminals care about whether or not the illegal gun they have comes up as stolen when they're caught with it and a national registry of stolen guns will keep crooks from stealing or smuggling them to sell to each other.

Wow. And you vote? Just, wow.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #113
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post

I think you need to consider taking an Anger Management course. I hope you're taking blood pressure meds. You need to rachet it down a bunch and back off the ranting. Oh, and add spell-check to you browser.
Damn that is one hell of a first post. Welcome to FTF.
Lmfao

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 939

Call me crazy, but I am tired of 'compromising' EVERY TIME the anti gunners insist on it!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #115
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Jim- what I have seen happening with firearms since 1968 should not be called a compromise.

The dictionary definition of "compromise": A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.

Sorry- but I damn sure do not see the other side making any concessions. It is a bite here, a nibble there, a little more there, ad infinitum.

But what the hell- it's just a little chain. I'm sure we'll hardly feel it.

Except when we try to move.

Or breathe.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #116

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Call me crazy, but I am tired of 'compromising' EVERY TIME the anti gunners insist on it!!!
As well you should be. Is a right, a real RIGHT, you've compromised upon still a right? The Left, who are coming out of the woodwork again, will tell you it is. Over and over. Every single time they cut another piece out of it, redefining it, whilst trying to make the honest citizen feel guilty about keeping any part.

Sadly, it is apparent the gullible do more than succumb; they turn on their own country and countrymen (on the fewer occasions they are actually Americans I mean).
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Actually these have been some of Hocks finer post. Are you sure spell check has a hyphen ? Well are you ?
I can't spell, so I use iespell. It gave me several choices. So next time I'll use "spell check". I just hate to feel as spelling challenged as those I try to educate. I can't type either. It's really tough not being perfect!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I guarantee there is something hidden in the bill.
Ah! That's how the camel gets its nose in the tent.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #119

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Remember this is the same government that sponsored the failed fast & furious program.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #120
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1358 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sorry- but I damn sure do not see the other side making any concessions.

Spot on. This is the central point of the whole debate. With the passage of any new gun control legislation, they concede nothing, they have nothing to lose. That's why it's incumbant upon us to vigorously resist any new gun control proposal, even if it might seem fairly reasonable...because the laws already on the books are enough.